Random stutter with i53570 4Ghz 7950, regardless of game
[Image: 1368571639_0.17763200.jpg]

Have you already unticked this option?
I found it does performance hit pretty much especially when runing @4x native or higher. untick this also help me to get rid some random stutter too.

PS. I noticed that even I've unticked this option I didn't see any screen tearing in full screen mode so I'd stay with unticked to avoid get performance hit or random stuttering.

Sponsored links

(05-15-2013, 12:58 AM)TBX Wrote: [Image: 1368571639_0.17763200.jpg]

I found it does performance hit pretty much especially when runing @4x native or higher. untick this also help me to get rid some random stutter too.

PS. I noticed that even I've unticked this option I didn't see any screen tearing in full screen mode so I'd stay with unticked to avoid get performance hit or random stuttering.

There is no screeing tearing cause gsdx (pcsx2 maybe) does not use Fullscreen, it used Windows (fullscreen) and so long as you have desktop compositions or aero on. There is no need for vsync cause there will be no tearing. If you have desktop composition or aero turned off for pcsx2 or off by defualt then there will be tearing.

Basic if you have Aero and or desktop compistion running there is no need for vsync turn it on will only cause a performance hit.

To OP: Make sure your using AVX version of GSDX seeing that processor should support it ussing sse4 or lower will probably have less performance
(05-15-2013, 05:37 AM)tsunami2311 Wrote: To OP: Make sure your using AVX version of GSDX seeing that processor should support it ussing sse4 or lower will probably have less performance

AVX version has no speed ups over SSE4 in hardware mode, only software mode.

This microstuttering sounds like the vsync issue noted a couple posts above this one. I know I had it for awhile, that said... I can't recall ever seeing a screen tear in my games even with it off so...
[Image: 2748844.png]
(05-15-2013, 12:58 AM)TBX Wrote: [Image: 1368571639_0.17763200.jpg]

Yeah it's already unticked by default for me. Just for fun I tried running it on/off made no difference here. Thanks so much for the advice though.

(05-15-2013, 05:37 AM)tsunami2311 Wrote: There is no screeing tearing cause gsdx (pcsx2 maybe) does not use Fullscreen, it used Windows (fullscreen) and so long as you have desktop compositions or aero on. There is no need for vsync cause there will be no tearing. If you have desktop composition or aero turned off for pcsx2 or off by defualt then there will be tearing.

Basic if you have Aero and or desktop compistion running there is no need for vsync turn it on will only cause a performance hit.

To OP: Make sure your using AVX version of GSDX seeing that processor should support it ussing sse4 or lower will probably have less performance

That's interesting, wasn't aware about AVX. I did check my logs starting pcsx2, here's the info:

Code:
PCSX2 1.1.0.r5622  - compiled on Apr 27 2013
Savestate version: 0x9a0a0000

Host Machine Init:
    Operating System =  Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit
    Physical RAM     =  8152 MB
    CPU name         =  Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz
    Vendor/Model     =  GenuineIntel (stepping 09)
    CPU speed        =  3.402 ghz (4 logical threads)
    x86PType         =  Standard OEM
    x86Flags         =  bfebfbff 7f9ae3bf
    x86EFlags        =  28100000

x86 Features Detected:
    MMX.. SSE.. SSE2.. SSE3.. SSSE3.. SSE4.1.. SSE4.2.. AVX

Looks like AVX is working as intended? Do you have any other suggestions?

(05-14-2013, 11:38 PM)xemnas99 Wrote: Can you try the stable version?

Already tried stable+various different svns makes no difference for me Smile

(05-15-2013, 02:26 PM)Koji Wrote: AVX version has no speed ups over SSE4 in hardware mode, only software mode.

This microstuttering sounds like the vsync issue noted a couple posts above this one. I know I had it for awhile, that said... I can't recall ever seeing a screen tear in my games even with it off so...

Hmm I see. I did try with vsync on and the stuttering is even more frequent. Running off the stuttering is still there but just less frequent. No i'm not running any other application to force pcsx2 in vsycn either!

I'm really happy so many have come forth trying to help me. Just hope there's a viable solution.
Have you checked your GPU temps while you play PCSX2? Since the common stuff doesnt seem to be working, I figured we should look at the non common items.

Also check your CPU Temps. Did you say the stuttering is better or worse if you play it in software mode?
Intel Core i5-8600K @ 4.5 GHz
GeForce GTX 1080 SC2 Stock
ASRock Z370 Taichi LGA 1151 mobo
CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB 2400 DDR4 RAM
SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 2280 500GB PCIe SSD
Indigo Xtreme Thermal Interface Material
Phanteks Enthoo Pro ES614P Black Steel Case
EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 220-G2-0750-XR PSU
Windows 10 64-bit
(05-15-2013, 02:26 PM)Koji Wrote: AVX version has no speed ups over SSE4 in hardware mode, only software mode.

there was another guy few month back that had same issue when Vsync was on and he was using sse4 gsdx on i7 that supported avx ,soon as he used the AVX in hw mode the studdering went away with vsync on. http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Frame-lim...sync-issue

He state AVX gsdx there was no issue, but he insisted on run sse4 gsdx for what ever reason despite his own eyes telling him it ran correctly with AVX GSDX in HW mode with vsync on in pcsx2 despite being told he didnt need to run vsync in pcsx cause of what i stated earlier and it ran fine in sse4 mode with out vsync enabled in pcsx2, So that comment of AVX being only software isnt true considering his studdering issue went away when he used AVX verison

(05-15-2013, 02:42 PM)greenfish Wrote: Hmm I see. I did try with vsync on and the stuttering is even more frequent. Running off the stuttering is still there but just less frequent. No i'm not running any other application to force pcsx2 in vsycn either!

Select AVX for GSDX in plugin selector. And as stated earlier Vsync is on yet not on. When ever Windows AERO or DESKTOP COMPOSITION is on There WILL BE NO TEARING IN ANYTHING using windows or fullscreen window. It dont cap your FPS to your refresh rate though (this whole process has somthing to do with screen buffering to keep said windows fullscreen windows from tearing ). To turn that off you need to run Classic theme in vista/win7 or right click on program icon and check disable desktop composition ( no idea in win8 seeing I will never use win8)

If after trying the avx verison for gsdx doesnt might wana have look at your HDD maybe there are errors on it? You should have no need for any speed hacks other then the MVTU