Ratchet & Clank 2 || Game is really slow
(05-14-2014, 05:21 PM)Nobbs66 Wrote: I'm not sure if I can agree with that statement. I get drops to abour 45fps in ratchet at 3.1ghz, but at 4.1ghz the game should run fine. I know I have a haswell, but it didn't gain too much speed when compared to an Ivy Bridge CPU.

probably because you're running the NTSC version while the OP does use the PAL one
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go

Sponsored links

(05-14-2014, 05:24 PM)jesalvein Wrote: probably because you're running the NTSC version while the OP does use the PAL one

Even then if I'm getting 45fps, If I could raise my clockspeed to around 4.0ghz I should be able to have a constant 60fps or very close to it.

In the OP's case, they are getting between 35 and 40fps. a 22% increase in clock speed should be enough to maintain 50fps.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
Ugh, my main PC (not this one) is so bad it had to be underclocked to prevent overheating. >.<
CPU:
Intel Core2 Duo T5450 (1.666 GHz)
[Image: gzztty.png]
GPU:
Mobile Intel® 965 Express Chipset Family (500 MHz)
GPU-Z Validation
Other:
RAM: DDR2-666 (2 GB)
---
Not a gaming PC, but I'll try to get a better one in the future.
(05-14-2014, 05:35 PM)Nobbs66 Wrote: Even then if I'm getting 45fps, If I could raise my clockspeed to around 4.0ghz I should be able to have a constant 60fps or very close to it.

In the OP's case, they are getting between 35 and 40fps. a 22% increase in clock speed should be enough to maintain 50fps.

dunno if a 22% overclock would be as efficient as using haswell architecture instead of Ivy bridge. but you may be right. I'm not sure of all this.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(05-14-2014, 05:53 PM)jesalvein Wrote: dunno if a 22% overclock would be as efficient as using haswell architecture instead of Ivy bridge. but you may be right. I'm not sure of all this.

That cpu is about the same clock for clock as mine. It the extra 300mhz that gives it a higher single threaded perf. In all reality is should be just fine for Ratchet and Clank at 4.1ghz.
I've found a temporary solution.
The game runs fine, but after a few minutes playing it starts to get slow.
If I load my savegame again, everything is okay.

So I have to reload the game everytime it's getting slow and everything is good Laugh

But constant 50FPS isn't possible. It's still really slow sometimes.
Using savestates that often (and for that matter) may just make the slowdowns (and the overall/average speed) worse.
CPU:
Intel Core2 Duo T5450 (1.666 GHz)
[Image: gzztty.png]
GPU:
Mobile Intel® 965 Express Chipset Family (500 MHz)
GPU-Z Validation
Other:
RAM: DDR2-666 (2 GB)
---
Not a gaming PC, but I'll try to get a better one in the future.
Make sure you are using the MTVU speedhack, along with having 3 extra rendering threads set in gsdx. The EE cyclerate hack also helps out a lot.
I'm already using MTVU speechack and set 3 extra rendering threads.
With EE cyclerate the game runs much worse. The game feels laggy with this...
hmm, maybe it adversly affects the pal version. Try the VU cycle stealing hack instead.