Ratchet & Clank 3: Up Your Arsenal - Texture Garbage
I am having this issue:

[Image: aabAxQRx.jpg]

It creates texture garbage and lowers frames considerably.

Running it in DirectX11 on:

i5-2500k @ 4.8Ghz
HD 6950
8GB RAM

Sponsored links

You'll need to use software mode
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Yep.. I get the same garbage here.

Software mode will fix the garbage, but you'll most likely take a FPS hit when using software mode.
(07-10-2012, 06:33 PM)extradessert Wrote: Yep.. I get the same garbage here.

Software mode will fix the garbage, but you'll most likely take a FPS hit when using software mode.

Oh, wow. Sweet!

I doubt Software mode will hurt my 2500k.

Hang on, I'll report back.

EDIT: Okay.. surprisingly very not good.

It runs about as bad (35 FPS at some points) but the game is being rendered at a MUCH lower internal resolution.. which I don't seem to have an ability to change..

This is how it looks now: (compared to the screenshot above)
[Image: aaxFkOYp.jpg]
tried increasing extra rendering threads?
Yeah, software rendering renders at the original ("native") PS2 resolution, and is incapable of up-scaling right now. Speed hacks might help some, as will extra rendering threads if your CPU supports it (which i5 does). Also, I _think_ the image is stretched horizontally (probably needs 4:3 aspect ratio).
(07-10-2012, 09:11 PM)avih Wrote: Yeah, software rendering renders at the original ("native") PS2 resolution, and is incapable of up-scaling right now. Speed hacks might help some, as will extra rendering threads if your CPU supports it (which i5 does). Also, I _think_ the image is stretched horizontally (probably needs 4:3 aspect ratio).

So, I have to play it at PS2 resolution or play it with texture garbage and an un-even frame-rate?

I might as well just blow the dust off my PS2..

EDIT: Even with 16 threads, I'm getting 40 FPS..

I don't understand how Rachet & Clank 3 and Burnout 3 cannot be played using Hardware on PCSX2 0.9.8... those are two of the biggest PS2 games.
3 is the optimal number of threads you can use. also make sure you get PCSX2's latest SVN build from here http://pcsx2.net/download/development/svn.html
then enable the "MTVU" speedhack, possibly put the VU Cycle stealing up a notch, along with the recommended speedhacks, it should be just enough Smile
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(07-10-2012, 09:11 PM)avih Wrote: Yeah, software rendering renders at the original ("native") PS2 resolution, and is incapable of up-scaling right now
Sounds like you are working on making software up-scaling a reality?
Msi GF-62VR
Intel  core i7 7700hq @2.8(3.5ghz turbo) Nvidia 6gig GTX1060 16 gigs DDr5   windows 10
*base 64 images don't work here - ref*
(07-11-2012, 12:19 AM)refraction Wrote: 3 is the optimal number of threads you can use. also make sure you get PCSX2's latest SVN build from here http://pcsx2.net/download/development/svn.html
then enable the "MTVU" speedhack, possibly put the VU Cycle stealing up a notch, along with the recommended speedhacks, it should be just enough Smile

But.. it will still look absolutely horrible because it will render at the PS2's native resolution..

So, what's the point? Sad