Ratchet & Clank - up to 15 fps drops sometimes
Can you see how you do on the first R&C? The iso is about 4 GB

Sponsored links

He said he only owns the 2nd & 3rd episodes.
Maybe someone who has similar specs to yours and who owns the 1st episode will see this thread...
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Did you try the fast texture invalidation hack ? It helps on some situations
(01-03-2017, 11:09 PM)gregory Wrote: Did you try the fast texture invalidation hack ? It helps on some situations

Yeah just tried it, not helping me. Still getting the huge fps drop at Kerwan Metropolis where you buy the Heli-Pack for Clank from Big Al

this place is where I get the lag to around 50 fps:
http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/ratc...0524215340

that's not the only place I lag, it happens when there are lots of explosions or when there are a lot of enemies too, especially the enemies that shoot instead of try to bite/melee you
Yep. These games are very CPU demanding in situations where the game would normally drop to 30fps if you force it to 60fps with the EE overclock. Nothing can be done unless you buy a better CPU or overclock yours. I see that you don't have a "K" version, but if it were, at 4.1-4.2GHz you would get fullspeed where you get 50fps now.

Having a Skylake/Kaby Lake at 5GHz (more or less) is the current top performance you can get. Compared to an Ivy Bridge CPU at 3.4GHz, it's a big upgrade if you can reach that clock speed. I don't know how big because Haswell had a big performance improvement in emulators compared to PC games, and the same can be said of Skylake but at a smaller scale (correct me if I'm wrong).
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti GAMING X TRIO
Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix X670E-F Gaming WiFi
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz CL30 DDR5
Monitor: Asus PG278QR
Honestly, it might be better to wait Cannonlake (not soon). Hopefully this CPU will open the door to more optimization of the code source (however I'm afraid frequency will be lower).

Edit: well it depends if CNL will be 10nm + AVX512 or not.
Is my CPU a bottleneck here then? Would it be a bottleneck in other non-emulation PC games like Doom, The Witcher 3, etc?
(01-04-2017, 06:14 PM)Qualia Space Wrote: Is my CPU a bottleneck here then? Would it be a bottleneck in other non-emulation PC games like Doom, The Witcher 3, etc?

No, PC games are GPU dependant, the CPU has little impact once you have a quad core at a decent speed, which you have.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Ratchet-a...-emulation
Kaby lake- x with a nasty overclock should be able to play anything. If i7- 7700k is overclocking to 5Ghz, kaby lake- x should hit 5.3Ghz at the very least.