Ratchet Deadlocked
I had read that Ratchet Deadlocked was not running at normal speed even with all of the speed settings jacked up on pcsx2. Is this still the case? I want to buy the disc to play the game, but I want to make sure I will get the full experience out of it, so can anyone here let me know if it runs fine?

Also if you could tell me how the rest of the Ratchet and Clank franchise runs on pcsx2 I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks.

Sponsored links

They all require software mode to not have graphical glitches. They will run fullspeed, but need a fast CPU. Tell me your CPU and I will tell you how you will do.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Yeah, it's a pretty hard game to run. The Dreadzone Arena is far easier than any other place.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
My CPU is an i7 3630QM.

My laptop is a Toshiba Sattelite S870.
It might run some parts at full speed, but it will still struggle.
It should do okay. Set MTVU and EE cycle rate hack to 3 and you should get fullspeed 80% of the time.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Okay, thanks for the help! I think I will still get the game.

Have a great day!
Unfortunately Ratchet games don't do well with speedhacks because they cause false fps. If you decrease the EE cycle rate or Vu cycle stealing the game speed will lock to the EE and the speed will be slower.
(09-06-2014, 11:46 PM)EmucraZ Wrote: Unfortunately Ratchet games don't do well with speedhacks because they cause false fps. If you decrease the EE cycle rate or Vu cycle stealing the game speed will lock to the EE and the speed will be slower.

Yeah, the EE cyclerate hack can cause slowdowns at times. I've noticed it in all of the Ratchet games I've tested. R&C, R&C GC, and R Deadclocked. If we could have some form of dynamic EE cycle rate hack then that problem might be helped, but I don't think it's possible.

The VU cycle stealing hack on the other hand will just cause false fps readings no matter what in those games.