Ratchet and Clank: Up Your Arsenal ideal settings?
Hey guys. I've got R&C3 almost to playable now, using frame skipping and a few other tricks. It still chugs pretty hard in any kind of heavy action. I know it's possible to get it down to playable on a decent video card and a CPU at or over 3.5GHz. Anyone have any ideas?

Processor Type: AMD FX-6300 Six-Core
Processor Speed: 3.5GHz
Hard Drive Capacity: 750gb
Hard Drive Speed: 5400rpm
RAM: 8gb
Graphics Chipset: Nvidia GTX 750
Dedicated Video Memory Size: 1024MB (might be more, not sure how to check, at least 1gb)

Sponsored links

You will need to oc your cpu. I still get slowdowns on my i5 4440 @ 3.1ghz.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(06-01-2014, 07:35 AM)Nobbs66 Wrote: You will need to oc your cpu. I still get slowdowns on my i5 4440 @ 3.1ghz.

Christ.

Why's R&C3 so hard to emulate properly? My computer blows a PS2 out of the water, so what's up with it needing something with serious horsepower to emulate it? o_O

I'll try to throttle a few extra MHz out of it later. Any other ideas to speed it up? I need maybe another 5 frames for it to be really playable.
I have that CPU. You will need it at around 4.2Ghz. And even then, you will need EE cycle rate speedhack at 3. Software rendering with 3 extra threads. Do NOT use frameskipping. Bad things will happen. But if you do these things I said, it will run 50-60FPS and be playable.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Try a few speedhacks and make sure you're using 3 extra rendering threads.

It actually runs at 50-60fps at 4.2ghz on the fx 6300? Wow, R&C 1/2 must be more demanding then. I know zangetsu pm'd me about those games earlier; specifically R&C 2, which seems to be the most demanding besides Deadlocked.
(06-01-2014, 07:38 AM)Nobbs66 Wrote: Try a few speedhacks and make sure you're using 3 extra rendering threads.

I'm running it in Hardware Mode. Does that make any difference with the rendering threads?
No, though hardware mode doesn't support mip mapping so you will have to live with some extreme texture glitches. Also Hardware mode and software mode don't seem to have much a performance difference either.
(06-01-2014, 07:37 AM)Vekter Wrote: Why's R&C3 so hard to emulate properly?
mipmapping is a nightmare to implement in hardware mode.
Quote:My computer blows a PS2 out of the water, so what's up with it needing something with serious horsepower to emulate it? o_O
That's how emulation works. To run an snes emulator, you needed a PC about 10 times more powerful than an snes.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
I forgot to mention MTVU. Enable that too.

@Nobbs and you know we've discussed this before, I haven't tried 1 and 2 yet but for UYA I can say it's definitely doable.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(06-01-2014, 07:45 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: I forgot to mention MTVU. Enable that too.

@Nobbs and you know we've discussed this before, I haven't tried 1 and 2 yet but for UYA I can say it's definitely doable.

It's just amazing that your FX was able to run it that well despite the performance differences between our cpu's. When there were a lot of particle effects going on in R&C 2 I was getting drops down to 39fps.