Raw Danger (low FPS)
As I said, I don't have a link to the hack that she sent me before. You could try PMing Shadow Lady, and if she uploaded it to a MediaFire account or still has the hacks, then she would have quick access to them.

Then again, it's been almost a year since she said she was taking a break from Raw Danger.

Maybe I should start spamming her with PMs again.

Edit: Also, you're not going to get higher framerates with higher resolutions in hardware rendering as it stands, anyway.
Want to contribute? Don't know how? Check out the PCSX2 Wiki page!

Keep safe with MyWOT.

I have everything...

Sponsored links

(05-22-2012, 05:06 PM)MyDreamName Wrote: As I said, I don't have a link to the hack that she sent me before. You could try PMing Shadow Lady, and if she uploaded it to a MediaFire account or still has the hacks, then she would have quick access to them.

Then again, it's been almost a year since she said she was taking a break from Raw Danger.

Maybe I should start spamming her with PMs again.

Edit: Also, you're not going to get higher framerates with higher resolutions in hardware rendering as it stands, anyway.

What I meant was that I can have software rendering at 40fps with resolution 720x480 or I can have hardware rendering of 1600x900 with 38fps...
Are you sure? At 1600x900 on the intro movie, I only get 32/27 FPS on the DX9 version, and 30/25 FPS on the DX11 version, and I have an ATI HD 6950 with 2GB VRAM.

Actually, after some testing, it doesn't seem like the resolution has much of an effect on the intro movie at all, but at a certain point (around 4x native), there is a very huge performance impact. I'll have to play with that later.

As for software rendering, I get around 70 FPS, but I have a much better CPU than that laptop.

Edit: The really unfortunate thing about this game is that frameskipping doesn't work (as it will cause visual errors), and even changing the internal framerate doesn't work, as the visual part of the game will still try to run at 59.94 FPS.

Keep safe with MyWOT.

I have everything...
(05-22-2012, 05:20 PM)MyDreamName Wrote: Are you sure? At 1600x900 on the intro movie, I only get 32/27 FPS on the DX9 version, and 30/25 FPS on the DX11 version, and I have an ATI HD 6950 with 2GB VRAM.

Actually, after some testing, it doesn't seem like the resolution has much of an effect on the intro movie at all, but at a certain point (around 4x native), there is a very huge performance impact. I'll have to play with that later.

As for software rendering, I get around 70 FPS, but I have a much better CPU than that laptop.

Edit: The really unfortunate thing about this game is that frameskipping doesn't work (as it will cause visual errors), and even changing the internal framerate doesn't work, as the visual part of the game will still try to run at 59.94 FPS.

Well you could just set async mode in audio plugin and just watch the video at the framerate your cpu can handle... But the most important thing is gameplay fps... It takes away all the fun when you can't really play it at smooth 60fps...
Well, the thing is, if you do that, the game will run at about 45% speed rather than at full speed.

However, scratch what I said about frameskipping. The game no longer seems to break with frameskipping. When I set it to skip 3 frames and draw 2, it seems to run at 60 FPS. However, this is of course very choppy, and if you try playing like this you're not only going to have some postprocessing show up at all, but have some postprocessing filters create very nasty visual bugs later on.

Since frameskipping seems to work now, it would be interesting to play with that hack that fixes the postprocessing effects. However, as I said, I don't have those links now.

As I said before, Shadow Lady poked at this game quite a while ago, so she might be able to help you out a bit if you contact her.

Keep safe with MyWOT.

I have everything...
(05-22-2012, 05:31 PM)MyDreamName Wrote: Well, the thing is, if you do that, the game will run at about 45% speed rather than at full speed.

However, scratch what I said about frameskipping. The game no longer seems to break with frameskipping. When I set it to skip 3 frames and draw 2, it seems to run at 60 FPS. However, this is of course very choppy, and if you try playing like this you're not only going to have some postprocessing show up at all, but have some postprocessing filters create very nasty visual bugs later on.

Since frameskipping seems to work now, it would be interesting to play with that hack that fixes the postprocessing effects. However, as I said, I don't have those links now.

As I said before, Shadow Lady poked at this game quite a while ago, so she might be able to help you out a bit if you contact her.

I've sent pm to her Wink
Ah, well, I must say it's fun poking at a game such as Raw Danger again, especially trying to fix these sort of things by messing with the resolution and such (unfortunately, for some of those obvious postprocessing bugs like the pseudo-3D-looking one that shows up in the locker room and other places, it seems like you can mess with it a bit by changing the resolution, but it seems like native is the best you're going to get with the bug).

And, of course, it's always fun just playing with the VU Cycle Stealing hack and seeing things flicker all over the place.

I'll poke it a bit more again when I get back.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Keep safe with MyWOT.

I have everything...
(05-22-2012, 05:58 PM)MyDreamName Wrote: Ah, well, I must say it's fun poking at a game such as Raw Danger again, especially trying to fix these sort of things by messing with the resolution and such (unfortunately, for some of those obvious postprocessing bugs like the pseudo-3D-looking one that shows up in the locker room and other places, it seems like you can mess with it a bit by changing the resolution, but it seems like native is the best you're going to get with the bug).

And, of course, it's always fun just playing with the VU Cycle Stealing hack and seeing things flicker all over the place.

I'll poke it a bit more again when I get back.

It would be interesting to try hacks... Smile
[Image: 76088413.jpg]

Try to change ur Renderer to GSDX 10 Direct 3d Software, last tym I use 3D Hardware my Fps only had 35fps battle mode On Final Fantasy 10 and now 80Fps...
(05-23-2012, 05:06 AM)markrv Wrote: [Image: 76088413.jpg]

Try to change ur Renderer to GSDX 10 Direct 3d Software, last tym I use 3D Hardware my Fps only had 35fps battle mode On Final Fantasy 10 and now 80Fps...

For somÄ— odd reason it doesn't improve speed in this game...