Raw Danger (low FPS)
(05-25-2012, 10:03 AM)masterjguscius Wrote: For somÄ— odd reason it doesn't improve speed in this game...

It's not odd, that's the real nature of software rendering...

Unless you got some sort of insane CPU, it will always slow you down as a trade off for accurate rendering...

Sponsored links

Wiki says someone was working for a fix is there any news? man game is very slow, please reply if anyone knows anything about this
(05-25-2012, 10:10 AM)Archerko Wrote: It's not odd, that's the real nature of software rendering...

Unless you got some sort of insane CPU, it will always slow you down as a trade off for accurate rendering...

Not entirely true, I've got an i7 950 @4.2Ghz and I can play most games at full speed in software mode.

One of the only ones I've had trouble with so far , is ZOE2
(05-28-2012, 06:33 AM)Mr.Bonkers Wrote: Not entirely true, I've got an i7 950 @4.2Ghz and I can play most games at full speed in software mode.

One of the only ones I've had trouble with so far , is ZOE2

4.2 GHz + extra rendering threads = high fps, of course...Cool
Well, the thing is, that with a game like this that is slow because of postprocessing effects, software rendering is more times than not faster.

Not to mention the game is quite hard to play through on HW rendering.
Want to contribute? Don't know how? Check out the PCSX2 Wiki page!

Keep safe with MyWOT.

I have everything...
Please if anyone finds out that fix or hack from ShadowLady post here don't keep it only for yourself, thanks =) Why the hell they added those damn postprocessing effects at last minute, they were planning releasing game without (Japanese trailer game proves it) and than they changed their mind and made such a problem for us lol, game looked better without it
I think the new "aggresive crc hack" of latest gsdx may speed up this game by disable those postprocessing effects,
not really sure all region of CRC included not and i think maybe i'll give it a test later,
gotta find my disc first
ok,lucky i got it arranged together with disaster report.
Mine is SLUS 215.01 and CRC = 0x2905C5C6.

some interesting results as below

[Image: My201.jpg]
with latest gsdx 5221 i believe, hardware rendering is totally no go, even if i turn on aggresive CRC hack.
Dunno why, maybe we don't have crc hack for this game at all.

[Image: My200.jpg]
ok so i switch to software rendering, and speed is playable.
but keep in mind the speed of software mode mostly depends on raw power of cpu, i got i5 [email protected] here.

[Image: My202.jpg]
and lastly i try a custom build of gsdx, surprisingly the speed under hardware render is better, scaling x3 i was using
in case if you wonder, you may refer to this link
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-A-custom-...e-attached
which people may try to compile themselves

so finally, either you can use software to play it , or compile the custom one to use the hardware mode.
AcidRains

I'm sorry can you explain please what to do with that pnatch file? Put it in cheats folder in any rev? I'm not very good at these things, so does it speedup good enough to be playable?
Even if it does speedup, it still looks like it has those postprocessing bugs, which might make it difficult to play.
Want to contribute? Don't know how? Check out the PCSX2 Wiki page!

Keep safe with MyWOT.

I have everything...