Raw Danger (low FPS)
Raw Danger runs too slow.. is there a way to play it?

Specs:

i7 2600
4GB DDR3 1333
HD 6950 1GB
Windows 7 64 Bit
pcsx2 Version: 0.9.8 (r5151)

Sponsored links

What do the ee% and gs% say ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Try preset 4 or 5.
EE 16/18% GS 30/40%+

preset 4&5 don't help at all
it seems that the game runs slow on hardware mode due to the amount of postprocessing filters that the game uses. So the only option is play it on software mode..

That's what pcsx2 wiki says..
Well I have Dell XPS L702X (Intel Core i5-2410M (2.3GHz), NVIDIA GF GT 555M/3GB, 2+2GB DDR3-1333, Win7 64bit) and it still slow as... Maybe there are some hacks that disable postprocessing of this game?
and what do your ee/gs say in the title?

however you are on a laptop, so i expect it to be reasonably slow.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(05-22-2012, 10:29 AM)masterjguscius Wrote: Well I have Dell XPS L702X (Intel Core i5-2410M (2.3GHz), NVIDIA GF GT 555M/3GB, 2+2GB DDR3-1333, Win7 64bit) and it still slow as... Maybe there are some hacks that disable postprocessing of this game?

during intro film: EE: ~20%, GS: ~30% (but intro is laggy as hell)
during gameplay: EE: ~60%, GS: ~40%
Hi mate - I have Raw Danger, and with your i7 2600k, I would recommend playing using software rendering (with 2 extra cores to render) and the "async" synchronization method in the sound plugin's settings.

The reason it's lagging, as I have been told before, is that the game is trying to use so much VRAM that the excess data transfers over into physical RAM, which is slow.

The game already fudges its speed quite a bit, since it doesn't seem to run at full speed on the console, so you'll most likely get the best experience that way.

------------

Edit: Oh, sorry, didn't notice the new post.

However, my advice is still the same. Unless you have a horrible CPU and a GPU that is better than today's hardware, you're going to have the best experience using software rendering and just using Async.

Edit: Actually, there are hacks that disable the postprocessing of this game in hardware rendering. However, the trouble is that you either disable the effects or remove the slowdown. Shadow Lady, in my talks with her, was unable to do both at the same time. Simply removing the slowdown the game produces would be good, but the postprocessing effects cause huge visual bugs in some scenes of the game which make it almost, if not, impossible to play. These hacks are based on an old version of GSdx, anyway.

Edit: Yeah, just checked my PMs, but I still don't have the link. The GSdx version which still had the hack would be at least a year old, anyway.
Want to contribute? Don't know how? Check out the PCSX2 Wiki page!

Keep safe with MyWOT.

I have everything...
(05-22-2012, 04:43 PM)MyDreamName Wrote: Hi mate - I have Raw Danger, and with your i7 2600k, I would recommend playing using software rendering (with 2 extra cores to render) and the "async" synchronization method in the sound plugin's settings.

The reason it's lagging, as I have been told before, is that the game is trying to use so much VRAM that the excess data transfers over into physical RAM, which is slow.

The game already fudges its speed quite a bit, since it doesn't seem to run at full speed on the console, so you'll most likely get the best experience that way.

------------

Edit: Oh, sorry, didn't notice the new post.

However, my advice is still the same. Unless you have a horrible CPU and a GPU that is better than today's hardware, you're going to have the best experience using software rendering and just using Async.

Edit: Actually, there are hacks that disable the postprocessing of this game in hardware rendering. However, the trouble is that you either disable the effects or remove the slowdown. Shadow Lady, in my talks with her, was unable to do both at the same time. Simply removing the slowdown the game produces would be good, but the postprocessing effects cause huge visual bugs in some scenes of the game which make it almost, if not, impossible to play. These hacks are based on an old version of GSdx, anyway.

Edit: Yeah, just checked my PMs, but I still don't have the link. The GSdx version which still had the hack would be at least a year old, anyway.

Maybe you could attach these hacks or send me a link to them? Software rendering is horrible... Resolution is very low and speed improvement isn't that big...