Real-world results with the T100HA Cherry Trail
So I haven't seen much discussion about Intel's Cherry Trail processor, and I thought I would test the T100HA for real-world compatibility, just in case anyone else might think about buying an Asus Transformer for PCSX2.

I used multiple versions of PCSX2, including a "Portable" version. My "control" group was a series of Core I5 laptops that used the Intel HD 4000, achieving full speed results with FFXII and Persona 3 FES.

The results with the Transformer using the same settings produced at best 40 to 50 frames per second, including prerendered FMVs, with significantly larger slowdowns occurring in actual areas where action took place. Significant speedhack tweaking and plugin swapping produced no benefit. Even turning off graphics completely using the null driver achieved little to no speed benefit.

These results occurred on every recent version of PCSX2 all the way down to .98, so a version change would be of no benefit.

Not surprising to me, but anyone who might be searching for T100HA results now has real world experience data telling them there is absolutely no way to get PCSX2 into a playable state.

Sponsored links

Sorry, which cherry trail processor does the T100HA have?
(06-01-2016, 03:02 PM)bomblord Wrote: Sorry, which cherry trail processor does the T100HA have?

Intel Atom x5-Z8500 1.44 GHz
it might work (in the loosest sense of the word) but it will be extremely slow.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Maybe a lighter game with the x7 could work?
(06-01-2016, 05:33 PM)bomblord Wrote: Maybe a lighter game with the x7 could work?
The single thread rate of an x7(554) is only marginally better than that of the x5(504), so it wouldn't be much of an improvement.
(06-01-2016, 05:38 PM)FlatOut Wrote: The single thread rate of an x7(554) is only marginally better than that of the x5(504), so it wouldn't be much of an improvement.

Could still be the difference between full speed and not
(06-01-2016, 05:46 PM)bomblord Wrote: Could still be the difference between playable and unplayable.
It could the difference between unplayable and ever so slightly less unplayable. Wink Tongue2
In terms of non-PCSX2 games, the T100HA can run Portal 2 and Resident Evil 4 at the absolute lowest settings (for example- turning off every atmospheric feature in RE4, setting the texture detail to low, and setting the resolution to 800x600). Anything more demanding than that I would not recommend.

But with PCSX2, Persona 3 FES is the least demanding game I own (while FFXII is the most demanding), which is why I decided to try both.