Really Slow Performance
Well, I have to say I'm severely disappointed. Every game I try, including PS1 games, has crappy performance. Usually it won't even properly play the title sequence. It's just a black screen with the audio playing. Once I start playing the game, it slows down immensely, around 10 or 20% normal running speed. I've tried Gran Turismo, GT3, GT4, NFSU, NFSU2, and NFSC. I've tried almost every combination of graphic drivers and plugins but I still have no luck.

Here are my specs
Windows Vista Home Premium, 32-bit
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
-Regularly exceeds 2000 MHz, usually runs at 1600 MHz
-266 MHz bus speed
ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT
-256 MB
-800 MHz Core Clock
-1100 MHz Memory Clock
4GB of RAM

EDIT: I've played Gran Turismo at full speed and everything running fine with pSX (PS1 emulator) so I think something's amiss

Sponsored links

use speedhacks, also note ATIs are not good with GSdx, so don't expect it to soar, pcsx2 uses only 2 cores, update to latest betas of everything

and there is no PSX support in pcsx2, so if it works for you, you don't have an official build
Quote:-Regularly exceeds 2000 MHz, usually runs at 1600 MHz;
Quote: ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT

Well...

Quote: I've tried Gran Turismo, GT3, GT4, NFSU, NFSU2, and NFSC

You're trying ones of the most problematic/poorly optimised games on a poor pc. What do you expect..?

As Saiki said PS1 games do not work with PCSX2..
Dont expect too much to play well with your cpu clock event with quadcore cpu for those games unless your add clock more higher at. Least to 3.6ghz. For your gpu, try to native res. Also see gpu working in ATI control panel, if your gpu doesnt exceed at.99% then you will be fine, you will not see the different between A gpu and B gpu but if more than that, so your cpu performance will be sacrifice. I think cpu is first priority in running pcsx2 emulation and gpu in gsdx plugin about scale for better picture not frames except new features doing example directx.10 compare to directx.9.
Notebook ASUS A43TA|CPU AMD Llano APU A6-3400m Triple core (1 core disable) OC to 2.6+Ghz|GPU CF|HD 6520 400Mhz/667Mhz iGPU|HD6650M OC 780Mhz/985Mhz dGPU|RAM 8GB DDR3 1333|Windows 7 Ultimate Sp.1 x64 bit.
>> Emulation speed differs for each game. There will be some you can run fast easily, but others will simply require more powerfull hardware <<.
3.6Ghz is pretty hard to hit for Q6600s unless you have decent cooling and a good motherboard. Judging by the OP specs, it's a pre-built. And like said by Cain, most games he's listed are still pretty rough with the emulator.

@Nick
You're stuck with what you have unless you

A - Overclock
B - Wait until the emu can run those games better
C - Both of the above
Disable intel speedstep so your processor is always running at the stock 2.4 ghz...speedstep is a stupid feature for any sort of gaming. Grrr intel!
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
But even at stock 2.4 it would still not be good.
(05-20-2009, 02:22 AM)Cain Wrote: But even at stock 2.4 it would still not be good.

only cause of the ATI card
(05-20-2009, 02:23 AM)Saiki Wrote:
(05-20-2009, 02:22 AM)Cain Wrote: But even at stock 2.4 it would still not be good.

So you're saying you run GT3/4 and NFS at full speed?Laugh
(05-20-2009, 02:24 AM)Cain Wrote:
(05-20-2009, 02:23 AM)Saiki Wrote:

So you're saying you run GT3/4 and NFS at full speed?Laugh

I could probably get them up to about the 40s range lol