Reccommended settings for Tenchu Wrath of Heaven?
Hey guys, I'm new to PCSX2. Have been on ePSXe for a few years now and though I know my laptop is underpowered, I thought I would try make the jump to PS2 emulation Smile

I am going to buy a new desktop very shortly. I want to get something that can emulate PS2 with high graphics at a high level. It doesn't need to be OTT as I have my PS3 for my current gen gaming. I need a new desktop either way as my laptop is dying, so it's not a question of whether I get a new computer or a PS2 Smile

The main game I want to emulate is Tenchu Wrath of Heaven. I managed to get it working, however the frame rate drops to under 15 fps in gameplay. It is unplayable. This is at default settings and resolution is around 400 x 600.

I also would like to emulate other games down the line, probably just Tekken (4 / 5) GTA (3, VC and SA) Tenchu 4, maybe Lord of the Rings Return of the King.

Anyway I do have a few questions. I will post them here in order to make it simple to answer, as I tend to ramble and things get disorganised.

- With my current specs, are there any settings that will enable full fps gameplay of Tenchu Wrath of Heaven?

AMD Athlon II X2 P340
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250
3GB DDR3 Memory

As I said, I am getting a better computer soon, but in the meantime I just want to know if there are any little tricks I can do to speed up frame rate? Playing with all applications shut / internet off / some processes ended, I still got down under 20fps. Standing in a quiet corner I got up to 35. I think my graphics card is just too weak, but it's possible I can adjust some options.

- What hardware is the minimum required to play the game at high graphics / 1080p resolution / 60fps?

I understand this can be an annoying question, however I have looked at the hardware thread here and I am still unclear. I want to play high graphics but not nessecarily maximum (IE I don't need 4k resolution or anything like that, would be happy for 720p or 1080p)

Another way of wording it would be that I want better quality than a PS3 HD remake would have. If I could get an approximate hardware reccommendation I would much appreciate it. My budget is around $830 US maximum, hopefully I can get sufficient hardware for that price.

Sorry for the rambling, annoying and probably common questions. Really impressed with PCSX2 so far, just a shame I am stuck with a prehistoric POS Smile

Sponsored links

Well?
Quote:I need a new desktop either way as my laptop is dying, so it's not a question of whether I get a new computer or a PS2
you need a PS2 to use pcsx2 anyways. I guess that's why no one answered.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(03-01-2013, 07:00 AM)jesalvein Wrote: you need a PS2 to use pcsx2 anyways. I guess that's why no one answered.

My PS2 corrupts disks. I think it has been modded or something (borrowing off a friend) but it has broken multiple discs already