Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recommendation for VGA cooler GTX 570
Pondering replacing the stock cooler on my Point of View GTX 570 (non charged edition) with something a bit fancier.

I recently redid the TIM on it with Arctic Cooling MX-4 paste which dropped the temp by a few degrees, but im still seeing temps of 80c on guild wars 2 which obviously makes my fan sound like a vacuum cleaner.

Been looking around trying to find one which keeps the noise down while providing better-than-stock cooling without breaking the bank. Of course the Prolimatech ones look nice, but im not paying over £60 for a cooler, thats bloody ridiculous ;p

I was pondering something like the Gelid Icy Vision Rev.2 cooler, which looks reasonable for a decent price, but i was wondering if any of you guys had a nice cooler you can recommend?
[Image: ref_sig_anim.gif]
Like our Facebook Page and visit our Facebook Group!

Sponsored links

always liked the artic cooling series coolers, dont know if they have 1 for the gtx 5xx series tho.
zallman also has some good coolers, on wich site/store are you planning on buying the cooler?

edit: if i had to choose:

Accelero XTREME Plus

extremely quiet and performs like a beast, its 40 ish euro here so i guess its about 30/35 pounds in gb and surrounding countries?
------------------------
------------------------
trolling mode: ACTIVE!
I must say, i like my arctic cooling stuff too, my cpu fan is an arctic cooling cpu fan tacked on (really bodgily lol) to the Thermalright Ultra-120 cooler, also one of the case fans is a 120mm arctic one, they do seem to do very good products (used to have a freezer 7 pro too)

It looks like they only do a 3 fan cooler for my card however and that is £50 which is a bit above budget really, i was looking between £20-40, more towards the lower end is possible.

I don't really mind in terms of retailer, as long as they are reliable. So overclockers.co.uk, ebuyer.com, amazon (at a stretch) or dabs.com or anything like that which is in the uk.
prefer this cooler VVV above the one you mentioned
its quiet on load, some say its even not audible on full speed Excl D:

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduc...-AR&tool=3

edit';

out of stock >.>
lolz before it had 3 in stock and when refreshed it it wa sout of stock -,- same with the one you wanted btw Tongue
------------------------
------------------------
I didnt realise it fit my card, the description says otherwise, however looking around the web it looks like it does!

looks like it is in stock on amazon here

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B005FYCFG8/re...B005FYCFG8

recon that would be good for me then?? Some of the reviews state the memory epoxy paste that comes with it is crap, however i have some arctic silver epoxy i recently bought too so id probably use that Smile
(09-13-2012, 02:36 PM)refraction Wrote: 1) I didnt realise it fit my card, the description says otherwise, however looking around the web it looks like it does!

2) recon that would be good for me then??

3) arctic silver epoxy i recently bought too so id probably use that Smile

1) i have done my research too before posting Wink

2) yes its the best i could find on that website and its a REALLY good gpu cooler, its silent and performs really good (gtx 470 was getting <30 on idle, 50c~ on load so that would say something right? Tongue)

3) if it is the artic silver 5 coolpaste then yes i highly recomend you use that Tongue

let us know what reults you are getting! Smile
------------------------
------------------------
Arctic Silver Alumina Thermal Adhesive to be precise Smile

thanks for the recommendation! its nice to see a member such as yourself doing good research before recommending stuff Smile

As soon as i treat myself i will let you know ;p
Be careful you mount the new cooler as per plan and that it is indeed designed for your card.
I know from first hand experience that a cooler that electrically shorts 2 components will indeed fry a graphics card Tongue2
yeh ill be careful not to cover any components, also it looks like the new cooler comes with nice cardboard washer things too which will help ;p

prolly gonna get this in a week or so when finances sort themselves out a bit Smile
(09-13-2012, 03:09 PM)refraction Wrote: 1) Arctic Silver Alumina Thermal Adhesive to be precise Smile

2) thanks for the recommendation! its nice to see a member such as yourself doing good research before recommending stuff Smile

1) that will get the job done too Tongue

2) well what is the point of recomending stuff when you dont know what you are talking about? that way you,the op, dont gain any knowledge and i just make a fool out of myself, while knowing quite a bit about pc components and well... i want to build a reputation here as pc guru or something xD

il try to help alot of people the upcomming time being not employed and all :C and try to whipe that NEVER warning out of my record (if it is possible or else it just states that i am dangerous Laugh)

pretty curious now, maybe if it delivers above expectations i may even buy it xD not that my current cooler doesnt do the job but some extra powah cant hurt right? Tongue
------------------------
------------------------