Recommended graphical settings thread/subforum?
Lightbulb 
Hi! I was playing around with the new version of PCSX2 tonight and have to say it's as rock-solid as ever, and then some! Kudos on the most proper PS2 emulator in existence!

I was playing around with a couple games tonight, considering whether I wanted to go the multiple-install route for different game's graphical/speedhack/control settings.. and I was wondering whether there was a section of the forum related to just providing user-discovered optimal settings for the video portion.

Say for example, I was playing Metal Slug 6 earlier and recorded this:

Metal Slug 6

1920x1080:
DX11 Hardware
Auto Interlace
3x Native Resolution
Texture Filtering DISABLED

All Standard Speed Hacks Enabled & Multi Threaded VU

System Specs:
AMD Phenom 2 B55 x4 3.6GHZ
Nvidia GTX-480
4GB DDR3-1600 Ram
ASUS M5A99X-Evo Motherboard

Full screen looked incredibly sharp with no graphical errors presenting themselves, even on sprites and text, with 3x native. Disabling Texture Filtering helps to retain the original's non-blurry pixelated look as well.

I also was wondering if the different graphical settings in GSDX10 can effect input lag depending on which setting is chosen? In particular, whether DX9 or DX11 mode in software or hardware makes any discernible difference in input lag?

I know there is an area for posting playable settings in games, but I was thinking of something more graphics-settings focused. Now that 1.0 is out and working like a dream I think it's time to compile something like this.

EDIT: added it to the wiki's discussion page for now.. does this look appropriate? http://wiki.pcsx2.net/index.php?title=Talk:Metal_Slug_6

Sponsored links

The public compat list includes this too. You can add any kind of note you think is useful for others who will want to play the game. And no, DX9/DX11 do not affect input lag, unless you get less FPS with one of the 2,, in which case apparently you would get more input lag.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(08-12-2012, 01:42 AM)Bositman Wrote: The public compat list includes this too. You can add any kind of note you think is useful for others who will want to play the game. And no, DX9/DX11 do not affect input lag, unless you get less FPS with one of the 2,, in which case apparently you would get more input lag.

Thank you for the reply..

Just to clarify.. what do you think is the *best* place for this kind of information? The wiki as I linked above, or in the public compatibility list (as a forum reply to the applicable game, I assume)?

Good to know there is no input lag difference between DX9/11. Would it be safe to assume that the same goes for Software/Hardware rendering in either mode?

I had lowered the sound latency to 3ms and turned off Synchronizing Mode in audio because I figured this would lower overall latency, but I also found that I prefer the "Hermite" audio method instead of "cat-mull" in many games.. what negative impacts (if any) can switching this over cause? (additional sound latency, input lag, etc..)

Sorry for all of the questions, but I've been testing alot of stuff in the new PCSX and am hoping to contribute back to the community here.. just want to make sure I'm doing it right =)
PS StartMy PS2 Emulation Station: AMD Phenom 2 B55 x4 @3.6 Ghz|Nvidia Geforce GTX 480|4GB G-skill DDR3-1600 Ram|ASUS M5A99X-Evo Motherboard|BenQ XL2420T 120hz Monitor|Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
PS StartControls: PS3 Controllers Via Bluetooth w/MotioninJoy! | Hori Real Arcade Pro VX-SA Arcade Stick
Interpolation methods are a matter of personal taste, that's why we have them as options Smile Yes, any setting in GSdx should not affect input lag really, unless as I said before it affects your FPS and reduces them.

The public list would be best. I added yesterday a link to all games that have replies. If you click on a game of the list on the site and its threads has replies, you get directed to the forum thread for settings and testing results Smile
[Image: newsig.jpg]