Recommended settings
Hi all im new to these forum and would like to say nice job on the emulator!! its awsome i can dust off my old ps2 games that i havent played in years!

Basically i have tinkered around with the beta copy of pcsx2 and am getting mixed result, i can only get stable FPS in a tiny window.
could anyone help recommend some settings/plugins? it would be greatly appreciated.
these are my comp specs :

Amd Phenom x4 9750 2.4ghz revision B3
4 gb ram
Ati Radeon HD4350 512mb clock 600mhz memory 500mhz.
Windows vista sp2 all updated.

I am aware that the gpu is most likely the cause and is the weakest part in my rig, but i notice some people are getting good results out of weaker gpu's, even that dude got it working on his netbook lol!
Again any help would be awsome thanks Smile

Sponsored links

(04-12-2010, 04:45 AM)Tim_nz Wrote: Amd Phenom x4 9750 2.4ghz revision B3
4 gb ram
Ati Radeon HD4350 512mb clock 600mhz memory 500mhz.
Windows vista sp2 all updated.

The weakest part actually is your CPU, you need to overclock that sucker to get good results, PCSX2 benefits from higher clocks rather than number of Cores.

Currently pcsx2 uses 2 Cores, so your other 2 are basically doing nothing. Overclock your CPU to at least 3.0GHz+ to get decent-good results.

One other option is to use GSDX in Render Mode and set Number of threads to 4, you will most likely get better results that way than your current settings.

What game are you trying to run?
Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.6Ghz
6GB DDR3 RAM
Nvidia 275 GTX Co-Op
HDD 2x750GB Raid 0
Mobo - Asus P6T
OCZ Game XStream 700W
Window 7 Ultimate
master_dx.......why number of threads to 4??? as it result in decrease of speed.......
Since it's a quad core, he should set software render threads in GSdx to 3, so the 4th gets used by PCSX2 itself.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
ok i get it ...thanx for information...
ok..... so do i set threads to 4? or 3?
and sorry for noob question but how do i do that?
cant overclock just bought it with a 5yr warrenty Sad
3. After you set DX10 Software renderer in GSdx there is a box where you type sw render threads.
[Image: newsig.jpg]