Record video on latest nightly build
Hi there.

I'm trying to use the emulator's recording function, but it seems to not be working right now.

Whenever I try to record a video I get an error message saying:

You may be missing one or more files, or are using the incorrect version. This build of PCSX2 requires: libavcode: libswresample: 
libavformat: 58
libavutil: 58
libswscale: 56

Is there any solution for this?

Running the latest macOS Ventura with M2 Pro chip and PCSX2 Nightly v1.7.4576

Thanks in advance Smile

Sponsored links

extract those to your pcsx2 folder : https://www.duckstation.org/upload/ffmpeg-dlls.zip
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(06-14-2023, 06:32 AM)jesalvein Wrote: extract those to your pcsx2 folder : https://www.duckstation.org/upload/ffmpeg-dlls.zip

Hi there. 

Thanks for the reply!

So just to make sure, in macOS is the installation folder located at /Users/"myname"/Library/Application Support/PCSX2 ?

I tried pasting the items there, but I'm still getting the same error message.
no idea.
It's where the binary file is located

(no idea if those DLLs are made for mac, btw...)
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(06-14-2023, 11:50 AM)jesalvein Wrote: no idea.
It's where the binary file is located

(no idea if those DLLs are made for mac, btw...)

Yeah sorry I'm still a bit of a noob in macOS, but apparently from what I understood DLL's are a Windows specific library file type, so it can't be read in macOS. 

Currently trying to find a macOS alternative and I'll report back if I'm able to find a solution.

Thanks again for the help!
So just to update this thread on what I've tried.

Since DLL's are Windows specific libraries I tried to find the equivalent for macOS, which seem to be "dylib".

So I tried finding the dylib versions of the files that we're supposed to put in the pcsx2 folder and sure enough I did and copied them to /Users/"myname"/Library/Application Support/PCSX2 but still the error persists. Since that folder does not have the pcsx2 executable, the next thing I tried was going in to the Applications folder, right clicking on PCSX2 > Show Package Contents and that opens up another folder, where if we go into Contents/MacOS we find the PCSX2 executable. I copied the files there, and again I still got the same error.

So I'm clearly messing around with stuff I don't understand here and so I think this may be something that is just not supposed to work on macOS (or if it is it must have a different approach). Anyways it was a learning experience and thought I should share Smile