Recording mic with the PCSX2 recorder
I'm currently recording and have successfully managed to record and mux a video using VirtualDUB and the built in SPU-2 and GSdx.

The problem is I can't get it to record my mic, which I'd like to put in along the game audio, I know I could separately record my mic and just put that in but I'd like it to be live to really get the feel.

I've tried FRAPs and everything works fine there it's just since I've turned native resolution off in GSdx and set it to x3 scaling whenever I hit my record button on FRAPS (F9) it lowers it back to native.

So tl;dr I need to record mic with PCSX2 or stop FRAPs recuding video quality.

Thanks

[Image: 5fQlagd.jpg]
This is what it looks like with x3 scaling

[Image: ZRz8Tws.jpg]
Here it is when I record using fraps.

[Image: paxPSO0.png]
Gsdx settings

[Image: 7cADu4e.png]
SPU-2 Settings

Sponsored links

In fact if anyone's got a good suggestion to make a compromise so that I HAVE to input audio from a separate recording program then any suggestions will do.

Thanks again
Well, if you're main problem is FRAPS throwing it back into software mode (F9), just do what I did. I set it so that to start recording, I have to press the 0 key on the number pad. works like a charm to. It'll be an easier solution than trying to get a microphone to work with PCSX2, cause trust me, if you could get that to work, I'd be playing Life Line.
(03-25-2013, 03:38 PM)xenoriddley Wrote: Well, if you're main problem is FRAPS throwing it back into software mode (F9), just do what I did. I set it so that to start recording, I have to press the 0 key on the number pad. works like a charm to. It'll be an easier solution than trying to get a microphone to work with PCSX2, cause trust me, if you could get that to work, I'd be playing Life Line.

The key isn't the problem, I probably wrote it so it made you think by pressing F9 it reverts back to native, unless PCSX2 has that as a hotkey..

No, I just want to be able to record in at least x3 scaling with my mic, accepting all and any suggestions.
I think youll have to use an external program like audacity them mux it to the video like you do with the audio stream, remember though your mic recording will be in realtime, so if pcsx2 is only doing say 40fps it will go way out of time with the pcsx2 recording as that is done at a fixed 60fps
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

If you press F9 PCSX2 goes to software mode and thus the resolution is reduced to native, as xenoriddley sad, change the video recording shortcut of FRAPS (in something that is not an Fx button) and you'll be able to record at whatever resolution you want (if your PC is strong enough). To record your voice you can use the function in the audio control panel of your sound driver, this way you'll have two audio track (the one from PCSX2 and the one from your mic) and with a little work you can join and synchronize the two tracks into a single one.
Ryzen 7 3800X | Noctua NH-D14| Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro| RX Vega 64| 2*8GB Patriot Viper 3733MHz C17@3733MHz C16| Samsung 840EVO 250GB + 970EVO 512GB NVMe| 4TB Hard Drive| Samsung C25FG7 + Samsung S24D300 + Samsung S24F250| NZXT Phantom 410| Enermax Revo'Xt 730W| Gigabyte M6900
(03-25-2013, 04:25 PM)||dav1de|| Wrote: If you press F9 PCSX2 goes to software mode and thus the resolution is reduced to native, as xenoriddley sad, change the video recording shortcut of FRAPS (in something that is not an Fx button) and you'll be able to record at whatever resolution you want (if your PC is strong enough). To record your voice you can use the function in the audio control panel of your sound driver, this way you'll have two audio track (the one from PCSX2 and the one from your mic) and with a little work you can join and synchronize the two tracks into a single one.

For the past hour I've been trying different things and having to fight that damn tutorial boss over and over and all I had to do was change my fraps record key, lol thanks.

Now recording perfectly in x3 scaling with mic.
Y U NO USE WIDESCREEN PATCH?!