Recreated with explanation: Kingdom Hearts 2 has Black Screen after entering cheats
Whenever I use a pnach cheat "patch=1,EE,0033FEC0,short,0000FFFF", after selecting my save, or when I load a savestate, as soon as I leave an area I get this:

(EE pc:001A67B0) TLB Miss, addr=0x2 [load]
(EE pc:00184604) TLB Miss, addr=0x4 [load]
(EE pc:00169134) TLB Miss, addr=0x6 [load]
(EE pc:00169134) TLB Miss, addr=0x24 [load]

I attempted to use codebreaker to use my cheats, but when I use my weapon, it uses a garbled Mulan in place of a Keyblade, and I can't hit enemies... any ideas??

My thread got closed off an incorrect assumption. I always used my copy of the game, I just made different ISOs at different speeds trying not having to use the physical copy of the game. My wording may have been off, but I do still need help, please! c:

And again, using my physical copy of the game didn't make a difference, so I don't believe its an ISO issue, even though most TLB misses seem to be.

All the cheats I was using were Quick Exp gain for the 3 main characters.

Sponsored links

then don't put short, just put extended
(04-12-2013, 06:01 AM)StriFe79 Wrote: then don't put short, just put extended
But then he must "return" the code to the original 1 at the first digit or he will get a byte poked into the address, as to say, just the two FF final digits there.

But does not matter, the code is correctly formatted and should work, if it doesn't that's most probably because the code is for another game's version or region.

Edit: Whatever former mistake, due to using codebreaker or otherwise, if you made a sstate in the while you have a persistent memory corruption now. To try and correct it you must go to nearest save point and do a memcard save, quit the emulator completely, and reload the game from the memcard after returning, then you do a new sstate. This hopefully corrects memory corruption.
Imagination is where we are truly real
None of this has amde a difference. Everytime I loaded my cheats, I would load from the memcard and get that error. Then I'd try an sstate, and as soon as I moved to a new location, it would error. And I know I have the correct region and everything, I double checked with the decrypter in another thread suggested. I'm not the only person who seems to have this issue specifically with this game, either. Any other ideas?
(04-13-2013, 08:29 PM)meatt006 Wrote: None of this has amde a difference. Everytime I loaded my cheats, I would load from the memcard and get that error. Then I'd try an sstate, and as soon as I moved to a new location, it would error. And I know I have the correct region and everything, I double checked with the decrypter in another thread suggested. I'm not the only person who seems to have this issue specifically with this game, either. Any other ideas?

The same idea of before, check your actual game version against the version the cheats are for. TLB miss is almost always caused by incorrect addresses being tampered.
Imagination is where we are truly real
(04-13-2013, 10:50 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: The same idea of before, check your actual game version against the version the cheats are for. TLB miss is almost always caused by incorrect addresses being tampered.

I have checked, rechecked, went to other sites, same codes, same region, same everything. I'm also positive I've decrypted the codes correctly as I retried each step several times. I'm at a lost.