Red Screen of Death?
Hi there. I'm new to the PCSX2 world and forums so I wanted to ask a little question. Does this emulator include the RSOD and normal startup, because they sorta give me the creeps. If it doesn't, then I might have a chance of downloading it.

Dat Shambler out Wink
"SPARTANS! Grab your breakfast and eat harty! For tonight. We dine. IN HELL! Tomorrow, I'm thinkin' Arby's."

Sponsored links

(06-17-2013, 06:41 PM)Dat Shambler Wrote: Hi there. I'm new to the PCSX2 world and forums so I wanted to ask a little question. Does this emulator include the RSOD and normal startup, because they sorta give me the creeps. If it doesn't, then I might have a chance of downloading it.

Dat Shambler out Wink

If the game image is broken (IE unbootable) it could go to red screen if you do "full boot" (which also does the normal startup). I believe if there is a booting error when using "quick boot" it'll just black screen, but I'm not positive on that.
[Image: 2748844.png]
the red screen is part of the bios, and yes it DOES show up. (quick, or full)
Oh, ok. Thanks

Dat Shambler out Wink
"SPARTANS! Grab your breakfast and eat harty! For tonight. We dine. IN HELL! Tomorrow, I'm thinkin' Arby's."
I remember the first time I saw the RSOD ages ago, and I just happened to have the lights out in my room, and it just happened to be dark outside... Needless to say, I was pretty creeped out. O_O
So, no is positive about the RSOD showing on quick boot? Dammit! So, this is how I got my fear of the RSOD. Back when I was young, I was pretty much unscathed by it. So I went on YouTube, looked it up and watched it. But, my led was stray when that possessed little idiot (aka, The Exorcist) suddenly came up on screen and screamed at me! I still went on the PS2 after that, but then, in a dark room, on a dark night, the RSOD came to haunt me again. So, yeah that's pretty much it.
Quick boot: Will RSOD if your disc/iso is non-functional or a PS1 game, generally only the latter though, normally a non functioning disc will just take you to the MCD/DVD selection screen on the BIOS.
Full Boot: Will RSOD as above but additionally if the game is a different region to your BIOS it won't like it.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

You will also get the rsod is you try to boot a psp iso.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(10-19-2013, 06:33 PM)Nobbs66 Wrote: You will also get the rsod is you try to boot a psp iso.

You will also get laughed at for being an idiot for doing so Wink
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

I just did it to see what would happen. I was bored one day so I tried it.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]