Reduce Lag In PCSX2 (Specifically Burnout 3)
Before I say anything else, I did read the recommended specs thread and my processor is very close to the recommended one, although I did not see my graphics card listed.

I just recently downloaded PCSX2 (version 1.0.0) and Burnout 3 (ISO). All the loading screens, tutorials, menus, etc. function just fine and at high speeds. However, once I begin a race or such, the game starts lagging excessively, both video and audio, and the graphics become distorted, most notably with the sky turning pink. I tried optimizing the settings according to the description in this video, and while it did reduce the lag somewhat, the game is still too slow to be that playable. I'm looking for any advice to make the game run faster and smoother (I can even deal with the distorted graphics if the lag gets fixed).

My specs:

CPU: Intel Core i3/i5/i7 4xxx @ 2.50GHz
Haswell 22nm Technology

RAM: 8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz (11-11-11-28)

Graphics: Generic PnP Monitor (1366x768@60Hz)
Intel HD Graphics 4600 (Lenovo)

Storage: 465GB Western Digital WDC WD5000BPVT-00HXZT3 (SATA)

Thanks in advance for any help.

EDIT: More spec info

Sponsored links

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(07-24-2014, 06:57 PM)LordMothim Wrote: I just recently downloaded PCSX2 and Burnout 3.

Would you like to be a bit clearer on your wording please.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

I edited the post to provide all my specs and such.
(07-24-2014, 07:12 PM)refraction Wrote: Would you like to be a bit clearer on your wording please.

I couldn't dare Tongue2
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Okay then you are obviously incapable of reading the rules

Our forum does not tolerate any kind of warez talk / discussion / links and no support will be given as such.
Read our rules,specifically rule #1. Thread closed.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]