Regarding making a report about program crash
Hi,
just wondering let's say I want to report a crash-related problem on the SVN version of pcsx2. What do the developers need to know in general beside system specifications and pcsx2 configuration? Is the snapshot of program log needed as well?

Thanks
cpu: i5-2410m | gpu: Nvidia GT 555m 2GB | mem: 4 GB

Sponsored links

Screenshots of game and version of SVN.
Also game would be required.
Intel E5700 @3.0Ghz,
Xfx Radeon 5670 1Gb,
4Gb DDR3 Ram,
Microsoft Windows7 Ultimate x86
(06-10-2012, 08:33 PM)Speedy42 Wrote: Screenshots of game and version of SVN.
Also game would be required.

What about program log? No?
Alright post it.
It may prove helpful here.
Anyways, dude if you want help then you better hurry up.
Intel E5700 @3.0Ghz,
Xfx Radeon 5670 1Gb,
4Gb DDR3 Ram,
I know your called speedy but no need to be so rude :|
<REDACTED>
Usually, this is the info that is helpful :

> Version
> Specs
> Log
> Game you are trying to play
> From disc or from iso?
> Any unique settings you're using (custom res, Speedhacks, HW Hacks, etc)
(06-11-2012, 01:35 AM)Fezzer Wrote: I know your called speedy but no need to be so rude :|
*off-topic*
Sorry guys...
I was in a bad mood last night and kinda sleepy too so my tongue might have slipped a bit..
Intel E5700 @3.0Ghz,
Xfx Radeon 5670 1Gb,
4Gb DDR3 Ram,
(06-10-2012, 04:30 PM)strider3871 Wrote: Hi,
just wondering let's say I want to report a crash-related problem on the SVN version of pcsx2. What do the developers need to know in general beside system specifications and pcsx2 configuration? Is the snapshot of program log needed as well?

Thanks

Best thing one could do to help with bugs is help the devs to reproduce them, and pinpoint the exact revision at which the bug appears. Bug which can't be reproduced have MUCH lower chance to get fixed than ones which can be reproduce, and specific svn revision which causes the bug also helps devs greatly.

So the following info is important:

- For the game: game, region, exact instruction how to reproduce the issue (mem card with a save prior to the bug is best, and/or savestate before the bug happens).

- PCSX2 settings (preferably default settings).

- Do your best to find the earliest svn revision at which the bug happens. If you try few revisions and the bug exists at all of them, try the previous release/beta versions of pcsx2 (e.g. 0.97, 0.98), and see if the bug still appears there. No need to go earlier than 0.97.

Bugs which have the most chance to get fixed are ones which first appeared at recent revisions, so the change which caused it is still fresh at the developer's mind.

Information about your system and some settings can be read at the full log, so it's also helpful.
(06-11-2012, 11:13 AM)avih Wrote: Best thing one could do to help with bugs is help the devs to reproduce them, and pinpoint the exact revision at which the bug appears. Bug which can't be reproduced have MUCH lower chance to get fixed than ones which can be reproduce, and specific svn revision which causes the bug also helps devs greatly.

So the following info is important:

- For the game: game, region, exact instruction how to reproduce the issue (mem card with a save prior to the bug is best, and/or savestate before the bug happens).

- PCSX2 settings (preferably default settings).

- Do your best to find the earliest svn revision at which the bug happens. If you try few revisions and the bug exists at all of them, try the previous release/beta versions of pcsx2 (e.g. 0.97, 0.98), and see if the bug still appears there. No need to go earlier than 0.97.

Bugs which have the most chance to get fixed are ones which first appeared at recent revisions, so the change which caused it is still fresh at the developer's mind.

Information about your system and some settings can be read at the full log, so it's also helpful.

Thanks, atm I'm still trying to reproduce the crash, hopefully it may occurs again so that at least I can post some data.