[Release] Final Fantasy X-2 Save Editor v1.03 beta
(09-09-2009, 11:00 PM)aeolus811tw Wrote: please download newer one, that one i forget to put a line of code which resulted in unable to save properly
sry for the inconvenience

AH, will do. Would you be willing to either post or send me the source code? I've been looking into learning some more Java and maybe even design some things like this for other games. Also, if you're interested in adding support for other save formats such as .xps and .max, I could send you those types of files as well. In any case, great program.

Sponsored links

(09-09-2009, 11:10 PM)Skopin Wrote:
(09-09-2009, 11:00 PM)aeolus811tw Wrote: please download newer one, that one i forget to put a line of code which resulted in unable to save properly
sry for the inconvenience

AH, will do. Would you be willing to either post or send me the source code? I've been looking into learning some more Java and maybe even design some things like this for other games. Also, if you're interested in adding support for other save formats such as .xps and .max, I could send you those types of files as well. In any case, great program.

if adding .max and .xps format can help more people, i can give it a try
i'll do those over the weekend, got uni stuff to do first Sad

the source isn't something tat's important,
writing this type of program, you just gotta know the offset of the values that you want to modify
there are other couple things you might want to consider if you really want to write something like this,
- java only holds signed values
- even if long supports 8 bytes, it's actual value range is only 19 digits positive and 19 digits nevagtive
- always read file as array of byte
Epic Win Laugh

i didnt play FFX-2 on pcsx2 yet, but i tried to launch it, and in begining , where they perform YRP Operation, on the very first movie, i get very ugly video bug. Sad
(09-10-2009, 09:34 AM)Hominghead Wrote: Epic Win Laugh

i didnt play FFX-2 on pcsx2 yet, but i tried to launch it, and in begining , where they perform YRP Operation, on the very first movie, i get very ugly video bug. Sad

yep, ffx-2 videos are horrible in pcsx2 in hardware mode, u have to change to software...
Gonna Try that now, thanks for the advice ^_^

Edit: tried to saveedit now, pressed open file in the editor, desingated the .psu save, and nothing happens.
Log Showed same error like Skopin's did. I was using MyMC to extract the save, so wth.
(09-10-2009, 10:54 PM)Hominghead Wrote: Gonna Try that now, thanks for the advice ^_^

Edit: tried to saveedit now, pressed open file in the editor, desingated the .psu save, and nothing happens.
Log Showed same error like Skopin's did. I was using MyMC to extract the save, so wth.

if you extracted the save from .ps2 then the file size should be approx 220K as shown in MyMC

and if you extracted the save from actual ps2 memcard, the raw save file size should be approx 53K as shown in windows

if the file still can't be opened, please attach your save (if its different format)
most likly the save is corrupted or did not extract properly for unknown reason
Does your program actively figure out where the offset of the raw save is within the PSU? I have noticed that the raw save can be in different places within the PSU, and had to tell my program to search for it, rather than simply provide a fixed offset.
(09-11-2009, 06:17 AM)aeolus811tw Wrote:
(09-10-2009, 10:54 PM)Hominghead Wrote: Gonna Try that now, thanks for the advice ^_^

if you extracted the save from .ps2 then the file size should be approx 220K as shown in MyMC

and if you extracted the save from actual ps2 memcard, the raw save file size should be approx 53K as shown in windows

if the file still can't be opened, please attach your save (if its different format)
most likly the save is corrupted or did not extract properly for unknown reason
i extracted it from my emulator.
the save is something with 180kb.

Attached Files
.rar   FFX2 Save.rar (Size: 17,53 KB / Downloads: 684)
is your version pal? ntsc? or international?
On the Box it says PAL, so i presume its Pal.