Remote Control Dandy SF - High RAM usage (possible memory leak?)
I'm not sure if the game itself just needs a massive amount of RAM or it's a memory leak, as there's no threads about this particular game here. (I did see one on the Google Code page, but I don't know if that's official or not).

Anyway, in-game, when either on versus mode or in the story mode after completing the first part of the tutorial, the RAM that PCSX2 uses continually rises. I'm not sure if there's an upper limit, since it doesn't stop rising unless I close the window, or it crashes due to reaching the 2GB limit. Switching between hardware and software or closing and resuming the window causes the RAM to drop back down, but it quickly starts rising again. I've tried on many different revisions, including the latest stable version, and on both hardware and software modes, but the problem persists.

Sponsored links

you could buy yourself some time (it may even stop at some point) by using the 4gb patch (google it Tongue) on the pcsx2 exe file, providing you have 64bit windows of course
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

I did try it. I think it became too much for my computer eventually.
I also have this problem, after using 4gb patch, it just buy me some more time.......
It will still crash.....
Can anyone help?
You can try zerogs as gs-plugin. But this will probably increase the number of glitches. Some games require a lot of ram not to crash and probably only gabest can tell you why Wink

Btw. if switching between HW and SW helps I would like to remind that this easily can be done using F9.

Also savestates can be used to quickly revert the system.

Have you seen any difference in RAM filling for different internal resolutions? (eg. native vs. 4x)
When playing the game the ram usage keep increase, when it reach 4Gb, pcsx2 crash.
But if I use F9, it will release the ram, and the ram usage will keep increase again.

Can this be soft by configuring the Gsdx?
(11-06-2014, 02:35 AM)tommy2lung Wrote: When playing the game the ram usage keep increase, when it reach 4Gb, pcsx2 crash.
But if I use F9, it will release the ram, and the ram usage will keep increase again.

Can this be soft by configuring the Gsdx?

I imagine the memory is flushed by switching renderers. Whatever is causing this leak is a genuine bug it seems. One way to work around it is to keep monitoring the memory usage and change renderers before it goes critical and crashes the application, that way you'll be able to keep playing at least Smile
is the ram usage high only for the specified game or does it happen with other apps or ps2 games.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
(11-07-2014, 04:44 AM)s.sakash Wrote: is the ram usage high only for the specified game or does it happen with other apps or ps2 games.

Only this game, other PS2 games or other apps are fine.
I tried in 2 PC, same issue.

(11-06-2014, 10:16 PM)Coornio Wrote: I imagine the memory is flushed by switching renderers. Whatever is causing this leak is a genuine bug it seems. One way to work around it is to keep monitoring the memory usage and change renderers before it goes critical and crashes the application, that way you'll be able to keep playing at least Smile

This is the only way I can play the game now.Wacko
Have you tried zerogs?