Remoteplay FFX PCSX2 on PSP
Thumbs Up 
Hi guys i figured out a way to remote play FFX using PCSX2 and PSPDisp. You need a PC, PSP, and WIFI to play. You can play FFX anywhere from town even on trips away from your PC using your PSP and a near by WIFI connection. All the buttons work on the PSP to play PCSX2 on your PC away from home or your WIFI router.

Sponsored links

This is nice Tongue2
Any idea if you can lower the latency though? It's quite annoying, I can tell that much from the video.
i remember someone using homebrew to play crysis on their Nintendo DS using wifi.
cool stuff but I'd still be more interested if there was a way to play with pcsx2 over internet
Chicken is not Vegan?

NO VEGAN DIET NO VEGAN POWERS!!!!

http://www.flixxy.com/my-blackberry-is-not-working.htm
(01-12-2010, 04:30 PM)kabooz Wrote: cool stuff but I'd still be more interested if there was a way to play with pcsx2 over internet

Oh there's a way. But as anyone who's tried to play a game over VNC or remote desktop could tell you, it's completely impractical and in general a horrible experience.

And even if you could do away with bandwidth and compression problems, you still have to deal with latency. You could have crystal-clear 1080p video streaming in, but if it's all 1/4 second behind the "real" game time then it doesn't matter because it can't be played. 1/2 a second of 'lag' between keypress and on-screen action is an ugly thing, and that's something that no amount of clever coding can avoid.
"This thread should be closed immediately, it causes parallel imagination and multiprocess hallucination" --ardhi
(01-13-2010, 03:56 AM)echosierra Wrote: 1/2 a second of 'lag' between keypress and on-screen action is an ugly thing, and that's something that no amount of clever coding can avoid.

That's true for FPS games, but it's not too bad for an RPG like FFX. Unless you're playing in the active battle mode, or if there's too much lag between pressing left and the character moving left out of battles.
CPU: Intel Core i7 3770K @3.5 GHz
RAM: 16GB DDR3 1600MHz
GPU: Nvidia GTX 680 2GB