Removal of Custom resolution from GSdx
In the beginning i was using pcsx2 mainly because of the savestates and because I had a notebook and wanted to play everywhere where I wanted. Cheating is as well easy as hell using pcsx2.

That one can massively increase image quality was completely unknown to me in the beginning. But actually i was one of those kids playing pcsx2 playground using zerogs because gsdx was extremely slow and glitchy and the speedhacks were nice. I think upscaling is not possible in zerogs. Probably some other aa method is implemented though.

I was always pc master race and bought the ps1/2/3 because of final fantasy and kingdom hearts not because i like consoles at all. Playing them on the PC was still 1000% better than on the actual console. Especially during the decade of notebooks. I guess there are others like me.

Tl;dr i guess there are some if not many people out there using saikis guide in a legally correct way.

Sponsored links

(09-08-2015, 10:24 PM)hellbringer616 Wrote: Of those viewers of Saiki's thread, i wonder how many are pirates that just want to play their games for free since they don't own a PS2.

I'm not directly accusing anyone, But why play with a lesser experience than on a PS2 when PS2's are $50?

Witch-hunting, much?

And let's see..  personally I own a Wii U, an Xbox360, a PS3, and a PS2, I wonder which systems I'm going to hook up..  not to mention ALL of my PS2 controllers are broken in some way, X button messed up, d-pad destroyed, some of them don't take inputs very well (note these are all hand-me-down controllers)
I suppose mobility would be a good reason, could laptops of today play at native without issue?
Intel Core i7-8700k @5ghz
G.Skill 16GB DDR4 @3600mhz
GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
Windows 10 x64
(09-09-2015, 12:45 AM)hellbringer616 Wrote: I suppose mobility would be a good reason, could laptops of today play at native without issue?

A modern laptop should have no problems.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(09-09-2015, 12:45 AM)hellbringer616 Wrote: could laptops of today play at native without issue?

some yes, some no
(09-09-2015, 12:19 AM)Saiki Wrote: Witch-hunting, much?

And let's see..  personally I own a Wii U, an Xbox360, a PS3, and a PS2, I wonder which systems I'm going to hook up..  not to mention ALL of my PS2 controllers are broken in some way, X button messed up, d-pad destroyed, some of them don't take inputs very well (note these are all hand-me-down controllers)

Speculation? Yes. Witch Hunting? Hardly. 

Anyways, 0.9.8 was 3+ years ago

Anyways, is it really worth it to discuss this matter any further? It seems like a waste to waste resources to check for the commit that broke resolutions below native. If the decision is to allow for it, then I will search for it, but I don't want to search for something, then ultimately decide to not even bother including. And honestly, I doubt more than say 0.1% lower their resolution below native. Most people that have the CPU to run a game, also have a GPU capable of doing at least native.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(09-09-2015, 01:52 AM)Nobbs66 Wrote: And honestly, I doubt more than say 0.1% lower their resolution below native.

And honestly, I doubt less than 0.1% use 6x or higher resolutions, so why add those? Awfully one-sided isn't it?
(09-09-2015, 04:43 AM)Saiki Wrote: And honestly, I doubt less than 0.1% use 6x or higher resolutions, so why add those? Awfully one-sided isn't it?

Because hardware is improving, not getting worse. That goes for monitors. GPUs are also getting faster not slower.
(09-09-2015, 04:48 AM)Nobbs66 Wrote: Because hardware is improving, not getting worse. That goes for monitors. GPUs are also getting faster not slower.

and anyone that buys OEM gets stuck 90% of the time with a 300w power supply and no "Faster CPU/GPU" is going to help that. and don't say PSU doesn't matter, because 7100GS, 8400GS, 8600GT, GT260, and GT520 proves that point. ZERO change in performance, no matter how you improve the GPU. oh, and this also went from a 2.2GHz to a 3.3Ghz quad. When even PC games get affected, ya know, the ones MADE for PC, no matter what upgrade you do you KNOW where the issue is. Yes, this is a real thing, do your homework and you'll find out.

The ONLY constant on my machine has been the PSU size, I have faster ram, a better CPU, more ram, a MUCH stronger GPU, and for some things, it just does not make a difference.
IGPUs are improving A LOT. A decent PSU isn't that expensive. If you don't have enough room in your case, then a new case is also about $35 (NZXT Source 210) Most $500 OEMs have at least an i3. I've seen some with the same i5 I have(It would run Burnout at native and maintain fullspeed with the iGPU) Also, catering to the bottom 5%, when you could simplify code base makes now sense whatsoever. Again, if everyone else wants to support half native, then i will personally compile builds day and night to find the commit that broke it. I have my VS 2013 setup to compile, so it's no big deal for me.

Anyways, if they want to use the new features, they'll need decent hardware anyways, so it's not like using an older build like 1.2.1 would actually hurt them in any way.