Removal of Custom resolution from GSdx
Are you implying I don't have decent hardware? I simply myself cannot afford to upgrade my hardware right now, and why would I have bought a cheap OEM if I had money to spend, why would ANYONE buy OEM with money to spend? You look at things so completely one-sided, it's rediclious, look t things from both ends. I bet YOU don't have a 300w supply, do you? Most OEMs come with 300w, that's a fact. It's a fact anyone trying to buy a decent PC with little money has to live with.

Sponsored links

(09-09-2015, 04:57 AM)Saiki Wrote: and anyone that buys OEM gets stuck 90% of the time with a 300w power supply and no "Faster CPU/GPU" is going to help that. and don't say PSU doesn't matter, because 7100GS, 8400GS, 8600GT, GT260, and GT520 proves that point. ZERO change in performance, no matter how you improve the GPU. oh, and this also went from a 2.2GHz to a 3.3Ghz quad. When even PC games get affected, ya know, the ones MADE for PC, no matter what upgrade you do you KNOW where the issue is. Yes, this is a real thing, do your homework and you'll find out.

The ONLY constant on my machine has been the PSU size, I have faster ram, a better CPU, more ram, a MUCH stronger GPU, and for some things, it just does not make a difference.

Maybe a years ago.. my grandma just bought an OEM PC for $500 (tower only) that has a 7480D (AMD APU)
for the same price you can get a Haswell I3 with a HD 4400. both could run PCSX2 at native i'm sure.. even if the GPU can't, the CPu's can get a few games running in software mode.

I'm not trying to downplay what you're saying, yes the devs will most likely be cutting some users off. But ultimately it's up to them and if they want it gone, i see no reason to keep it. under native is broken already so it's pointless to discuses this further.

EDIT: Nobbs beat me

EDIT2: Also worth noting, the above PC i mentioned has a 400w psu... my friend who has a decent set up (GTX 960 AMD 6800k APU) has 450w
Intel Core i7-8700k @5ghz
G.Skill 16GB DDR4 @3600mhz
GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
Windows 10 x64
When I joined the forums, I had a far worse rig than you did. TRUST ME. Also, yeah, it had a 300W PSU. Let's say you buy a $500 i5 PC with a 300W PSU now. The CPU will eat around 80W-85W. A GTX 750 uses around 65W at load. So a max of 150W being drawn with the CPU and GPU. So maybe 200W of 300W out of that PSU. It would work for 2x Native in most games. I can find one of those GPUs used for $65 or less. Anyways, before this thread was even made, I've never seen someone mention wanting 0.5x native in a new build. Afterall, it hasn't worked in over a year.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(09-09-2015, 05:33 AM)Nobbs66 Wrote: A GTX 750 uses around 65W at load.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductLis...Submit=ENE&N=100007709&IsNodeId=1&Description=gtx%20750&name=Desktop%20Graphics%20Cards&isdeptsrh=1

and the cheapest one is $100
I did say used for a reason. That's the only way you're getting good hardware for cheap. Anyways, I don't know why you still want to argue about something that no one has even noticed was missing for the last year, but I digress.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
It's only been 3 months, not a year

edit:
v1.3.1-486-gb5171df-windows-x86 CR broke (works on 485)

v1.3.1-486-gb5171df refractionpcsx2 2015-06-07 17:57:55
(09-08-2015, 07:05 PM)gregory Wrote: I want to see some benchmark between 0.5x/native/2x with 8bit texture on/off. Native is around 640x480 for most game. It is very low even for 10 years old gpu.

I used BR4 as a testing game, just on the memory card screen:

256: 125 (average 118) had a spike I didn't record (384 is slightly higher)
native: 122 (average 110)
2x: 129 (average 116)

do note though, that this is a much stronger system than I had before and the results could be slightly skewed.

as a point of reference with 0 extra threads on SW I am getting about 100 fps
As you can see you're not limited by the gpu in your testcase. I just don't imagine where it could have an impact. Maybe it will reduce the cost to emulate sone post-effects. But it feels like that modern desktop has a bigger gpu requirements.

Of course if your machine is very slow, it can help you to gain a couple with a much lower quality.

I suspect that below native was broken with the snow engine fixes. If you use openGL, custom resolution won't work to emulate the 8 bits framebuffer.

2x is supported by most gpu. Everything above is free
(09-09-2015, 08:50 AM)gregory Wrote: As you can see you're not limited by the gpu in your testcase.  I just don't imagine where it could have an impact. Maybe it will reduce the cost to emulate sone post-effects. But it feels like that modern desktop has a bigger gpu requirements.

BR4 is a pretty weak game, I don't have anything strong, like a SoTC-like game, or Jak, or R&C, I know where I would feel a hit, but it would take SO long to get to that point. a few things to look at are FFX- Ifirit summon and Bacsh FF12 level 3 quickening (I think that's his name, he's got a fire spell for level 3)

This quickening:
https://youtu.be/TkrjvR68pAc?t=188
(09-09-2015, 06:31 AM)Saiki Wrote: v1.3.1-486-gb5171df-windows-x86 CR broke (works on 485)

should be fixed on latest development builds. https://github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/pull/829/commits
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction