[Request] Pnach 1.0 to 2.0 converter
After the introduction of pnatch 2.0 it became necessary to convert old versions of cheat files. It can be done manually, you just need a few brackets, but when there are too many cheats, it's hard to do it.
It would be nice to release a converter that would solve this problem.

Sponsored links

It shouldn't be necessary at all. 2.0 is backward compatible, you just don't get the nice menu interface for turning individual patches on and off.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(09-06-2023, 07:45 AM)refraction Wrote: It shouldn't be necessary at all. 2.0 is backward compatible, you just don't get the nice menu interface for turning individual patches on and off.

That's why a converter is needed to quickly remade old versions of cheats, so that they also have a user friendly interface.
Old cheats have to be turned on and off manually by editing the file, which is not very useful.
PRs welcome Smile
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
I am converting the cheats from version 1.0 to 2.0. For now, I have converted about 2800 pnachs and I have about 2000 left to make and the new ones for the letters from w to z. If you need one converted you can request it at Post your PCSX2 cheats-patches here!
https://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Post-you...e?page=470
I'm not sure what you expect to be automatic? The only real difference is the headers and the filename, the tool won't know the CRC and Serial combo for the filenames as there's no real database for this, so you'll have to enter that manually, and it won't know what your cheats are doing, so you will have to manually edit the headers.

What would you expect the tool to do?

Well done to you gladiator for converting so many cheats though Smile
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]