Resident Evil 4 - which version to get?
Hi everyone, i'm a big oldschool Resident evil fan, played the original back in the days and recently played the remake for wii/GC which is very very good.

So now i decided i give the "new" RE a try the parts 4&5 which have quite different gameplay from what i read. So i wanna start with part 4 but i heard the PC version sucks ass because the controls are layouted for the keyboard, even if you use a xbox360 pad there is no support?
So i'm thinking about getting the ps2 version and play it on pcsx2! Good idea? Compability list sais it should work.
Anyone experience with both the pc/ps2 version?

Sponsored links

Works great with PCSX2. Haven't played the PC version
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Get the pc version eyes closed. With all the available mods this game is one of the best game out there.
thx for the fast replies, just found some forums and the whole RE4 modding scene^^ So i think i'll go for the Pc version since there i can use high resolutions/AA for sure without problems.

Mod action inc
(01-28-2010, 02:57 PM)prafull Wrote: Get the pc version eyes closed. With all the available mods this game is one of the best game out there.

still, the GC (not to mention WII) version is superior even to the PC version. yes, you can up the resolution and with patches you finally get the dynamic lightning and stuff, but what bothers me most in the PC version is that cutscenes are prerendered and on top of that - from the PS2 version, so you lose all the cool effects during cinematics (there is, however, a fan-made patch, which makes them a bit better). and also, Leon always wears his default clothes and weapon, when they should change depending on player's progression.

so, the superiority meter is thus: WII -> GC -> PC -> PS2.
Split your lungs with blood and thunder when you see the white whale.
(01-28-2010, 03:30 PM)idn Wrote:
(01-28-2010, 02:57 PM)prafull Wrote: Get the pc version eyes closed. With all the available mods this game is one of the best game out there.

still, the GC (not to mention WII) version is superior even to the PC version. yes, you can up the resolution and with patches you finally get the dynamic lightning and stuff, but what bothers me most in the PC version is that cutscenes are prerendered and on top of that - from the PS2 version, so you lose all the cool effects during cinematics (there is, however, a fan-made patch, which makes them a bit better). and also, Leon always wears his default clothes and weapon, when they should change depending on player's progression.

so, the superiority meter is thus: WII -> GC -> PC -> PS2.

I don't have a problem with pre rendered cutscenes. Besides, High Quality cutscenes mod makes pc version cutscenes look good too.
(01-28-2010, 03:48 PM)prafull Wrote: I don't have a problem with pre rendered cutscenes. Besides, High Quality cutscenes mod makes pc version cutscenes look good too.

yes, but they're supposed to be rendered in real time. it's kinda immersion-breaking when your pimped-up Leon magically loses all his pimpgear. better ingame resolution isn't good enough to win this battle.

also, high-res texture pack isn't that nice, because it lacks the artistic value original textures have. redrawn at higher resolution doesn't mean it's redrawn well.

all in all, GC version is still better. not that the PC version isn't great, it's just not as immersive.
Split your lungs with blood and thunder when you see the white whale.
xD the pc version has more extras so it's kind of an even battle but the controls are better on the pc thanks to the mods XD also the graphic is better which makes it veeeeeeeeeery hard for the GC version the best version out there is the WII version though since it has decent graphics many extras and kinks and the best control too you can use the wiimote to shoot XD it's the most fun experience after the PC version IMO I liked ADA's game the best

guckst du hier (trans. you look here) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resident_ev...l_editions
though it's not accurate since it doesn't account for mods on the pc all the negative stuff is gone ^^
Chicken is not Vegan?

NO VEGAN DIET NO VEGAN POWERS!!!!

http://www.flixxy.com/my-blackberry-is-not-working.htm
deleted
jesalvein broke my balls, farewell