Resoloution problem when playing games.
Hi I just started using PCSX2 last week and everything is running fine except for one problem it looks really really bad it looks the same on full screen as well as on a lower resoloution everything and the background just looks so blurry and some of the textures look really bad I dont know what is wrong with it all my settings are on max and i have a full 50 fps which is the max for the PAL version of FFX, I was playing Final Fantasy XII as well and it looked really bad on that too the cutscenes look really bad too in quality when they shouldent be.
Also when I was fighting some monsters in FFX when tidus is standing there, its like there is a another tidus standing right behind him but he is half invisible, its hard to explain.
and lastly when im on the menu some of the textures are missing and a bit blurry.
Forgive me for my spelling / pronunciation.

Sponsored links

The bad lettering is because you are using a resolution other then native so if you drop it back down to native it would look fine also enable the GSDX hacks in the ini like this: Only available if you manually edit the GSdx.ini file and change (or add if it does not exist) the line from AllowHacks=0 to AllowHacks=1.

I use the same resolution as you and I know what I am talking with that.

After enabling that set skipdraw to one and it will remove the blurriness and the half tidus from the screen and the game will proably run a lot better as well incase you are getting any sort of slow downs.
(02-26-2012, 06:29 PM)Topken Wrote: The bad lettering is because you are using a resolution other then native so if you drop it back down to native it would look fine also enable the GSDX hacks in the ini like this: Only available if you manually edit the GSdx.ini file and change (or add if it does not exist) the line from AllowHacks=0 to AllowHacks=1.

After enabling that set skipdraw to one and it will remove the blurriness and the half tidus from the screen and the game will proably run a lot better as well incase you are getting any sort of slow downs.

Im sorry for asking but in my PCSX2 folder there is 4 files "gsdx-sse2-r4600.dll" "gsdx-sse4-r4600.dll" "gsdx-ssse3-r4600.dll" and "GSnull.dll" is one of them the files I need to edit?

Also with the native is 6x native the best?
And where can I edit the skipdraw?

The file you need to edit is GSdx.ini and should be located in the inis folder. Once you change that line in the ini file with a text editor like notepad it will add some additional options in gdsx and one of them will be skipdraw.