Resolution - How i finally made PCSX2 shine
^ noone asked that?
[Insert Witty Sig Here.]

Sponsored links

A couple of things about your settings.

Use the default graphics plugin.

If you're on the GIT version use OpenGL it's the better option as of right now. If you're on the stable version use Direct X
8 bit textures is variable you should toggle it by game. Usually doesn't have an effect on the look but does have an affect on performance.
Set Antistropic filtering as high as it can go your GPU can handle it. Only turn it off if it causes issues.

FXAA really isn't needed gives a vaseline look to the game. Is ok at really high resolutions (4x +)
Use scaling instead of custom IR.
(10-29-2015, 07:58 PM)bomblord Wrote: A couple of things about your settings.

Use the default graphics plugin.

If you're on the GIT version use OpenGL it's the better option as of right now. If you're on the stable version use Direct X
8 bit textures is variable you should toggle it by game. Usually doesn't have an effect on the look but does have an affect on performance.
Set Antistropic filtering as high as it can go your GPU can handle it. Only turn it off if it causes issues.

FXAA really isn't needed gives a vaseline look to the game. Is ok at really high resolutions (4x +)
Use scaling instead of custom IR.

Thanks man i'll try it. I am currently using GIT version and i will try the OpenGL as you suggested.
I set FXAA off and i have to admit...the vaseline look is gone. Doesn't matter what Anisotropic value i set, i notice no difference on performance so i set it to max.
I tried all upscaling available and the results went from bad graphics at low levels (Native/2X) to unplayable (4X+). Then i started MSI Afterburner and set the OSD to display CPU/MEM/VGA usage because the emulation was really slow at 4x; and even with the pcsx2 struggling to keep good framerates, my computer was like 38% CPU usage, around 25% GPU and 40% memory, with GS floating from 55 to 95% and EE the same. THen i decided to set custom resolution and since then it's running smoothly with similar results from afterburner so i think the bottleneck is somewhere else but i am not the right guy to talk about it and i accept some explanations and suggestions, i mean i am not a computer geek but i wish i was.