Resolution does not change at all
First of all, yes, I know that the resolution desplayed in the top bar while in windowed mode is irrelevant.

But still, the game's resolution just isn't changing at all. Scaling, custom resolution, it always stays the same as it is (presumably native, which is 512x448). There is absolutely no difference between native and x6. If necessary, I can upload screenshots. I also tried switching between 16:9 and 4:3 aspect ratio in sheer desperation, but that didn't work out.

The game is MGS3 (Subsistence), my operating system is Windows 8.1 64-bit, if it makes a difference.

Sponsored links

Are you using the software render by accidentally hitting F9?

Can you please upload those screenshots?
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
I've tried hitting F9 multiple times before, it makes slight difference in some UI positioning (?) but the overall resolution stays the same.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Try pressing F9 twice after you hit ok or start pcsx2 with already scaling enabled
Hm, it seems like it did something, but I somehow doubt that this is x6 upscaling, as the letters are still somehow blurry.

EDIT: also, some lines from the main menu UI are now missing (as is visible in the screenshot, but other menus also have these glitches). May this be a problem later on?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(08-09-2015, 09:31 PM)Doomjoon Wrote: Hm, it seems like it did something, but I somehow doubt that this is x6 upscaling, as the letters are still somehow blurry.

EDIT: also, some lines from the main menu UI are now missing (as is visible in the screenshot, but other menus also have these glitches). May this be a problem later on?

The menu is a 2d image. You can't make it look sharper without modifying the image with a filter.
Oh... I tried going in game before, to see how it is, and the text was in low resolution. And since the intro of the game is the you-probably-know-which text, I simply thought that the entire game would be in low resolution, so I stopped there. Now that I look further, a lot of the text is still in low resolution, but the rest of the game is definitely fine (derp). I can accept that, if you don't have any further suggestions for the menu and text.

In any case, thank you for your help, and for the very quick responses.
I hope you've tried actually playing the game. Just change the resolution during the opening cutscene or on the ground before you get the packpack and an hour long codec call. I'm actually interested to see what this game looks like at 6x native compared to the HD version. I don't have the PS2 version but I do have the HD digital version on my PS3.
(08-09-2015, 09:52 PM)AlphaKennyWhere Wrote: I hope you've tried actually playing the game. Just change the resolution during the opening cutscene or on the ground before you get the packpack and an hour long codec call. I'm actually interested to see what this game looks like at 6x native compared to the HD version. I don't have the PS2 version but I do have the HD digital version on my PS3.

Well unfortunately x6 seems to be too much of a strain on my machine haha, so I just use x3. Well it's nothing special, there is no difference in textures or models or effects, the game is just simply sharper (maybe too sharp for it's own good).
x6 on MGS3 is a strain on probably any machine. MGS3 is already demanding as it is.

Also for reference:

Grandia 3 Comparison

Native:
[Image: Grandia%203%20-%20Native.png]

2x Native:
[Image: Grandia%203%20-%202x%20Native.png]

3x Native:
[Image: Grandia%203%20-%203x%20Native.png]

4x Native:
[Image: Grandia%203%20-%204x%20Native.png]

5x Native:
[Image: Grandia%203%20-%205x%20Native.png]

6x Native:
[Image: Grandia%203%20-%206x%20Native.png]

Note that the above was done with 1280x720. The 3x~6x is more noticable on higher resolutions.
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)