Resolved: 1.4.0 crawling moments with OpenGL
(01-15-2016, 02:47 AM)Imgema Wrote: I noticed a few instances where the emulation goes from 100% speed down to 5% or something and the game almost looks like it hangs or goes in slow motion, without necessarily using 100% of the CPU.

I don't know if this applies to other games; the slowdowns I encountered were caused by VRAM spikes as noted here https://github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/issues/576

In my experience, large amounts of shared memory are being allocated while data is being loaded. Notice how my shared memory is at 1.8GB and in GT4; the game would basically hang until START appears on-screen. Once that happens, the shared memory usage returns to normal and my FPS recovers.

[Image: e0ae1a84-be27-11e5-9611-37e88a5b781b.png]

Sponsored links

Thanks for the replies. How do i test this? I have to download a Git revision from the main site?

Edit: Ok, the fast accurate blending hack took care of the Grand Tourismo slowdown on the car select screen. However ZOE2 still has the same problem. The moment the "mummyhead" enemy arrives on screen everything turns into a slideshow at 4-5 fps.

Edit2: Well, ill be damned. Seems the "allow 8bit textures" option fixed that too. Didn't expect that to be honest.
So is everythings good? I know it is quite complicated but there are several kinds of issues.

1/ Not enough VRAM memory <= lower upscaling help here
2/ Blending option that is costly CPU wise <= fast accurate blending + git helps here
3/ limited bandwidth (maybe PCIE 4 will help) <= 8 bits texture help here
Yeah, everything is good now with the 8bit textures option and the fast blending.

My GPU is a 960 GTX 2GB and the CPU a i5 4670.

Since my GPU is Nvidia, i use OpenGL of course. And the CRC to "partial" (the OpenGL recommended level). This one makes Okami look amazing, with all of it's special looking effects.
Ok. Great.
Thank you for your report.
This bug report has now been marked as Resolved since it has been fixed on our code base.

This thread will now be closed and moved to the resolved bug reports subforum.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction