Resolved: [Bug Report] Ace Combat 4: Shattered Skies [ NTSC-U]
No ! Collision problem in Ace Combat 5 and other still not fixed at this time. Looks like something wrong in recompilers, but noone looked at it yet...
( collision problem occurs only with large objects, like big airplanes, ships, part of terrain like some buildings.... )
Excl The man will die, but not his ideas Excl

Sponsored links

With the DX11 hardware renderer the plane is black, whereas with the software renderer it's fine, but it doesn't run fullspeed of course.

Is there a way to fix it? Using: "PCSX2 1.3.1-20150801132925 - compiled on AugĀ  1 2015"
The game is SLUS-20152.

[Image: j9i1X0X.png]
has the sky been fixed yet in EE recompiler or do you still have to use interpreter?
AnotherLife: Is that in native resolution?
Dr_Hycodan: As far as I'm aware it's been fixed for ages.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Yes, that's in native res without any bells and whistles. Using the SSE4 version of Gsdx, emulator's settings are at the defaults, it's a clean install. Can someone please confirm that gfx glitch?

It's a shame because it seems to be pretty fine otherwise, full speed etc. I only did the first tutorial though.
Could be an issue that only appears in the tutorial BTW. Maybe it's not present in the game itself
wait, don't you need to use software rendering for mipmap support for AC4?
Well, yes, but you need a beast of a PC to run it fullspeed, then.

On OpenGL Hardware and default/Safe emulation settings I'm not encountering those serious gamebreaking collision detection problems mentioned earlier in this thread, I went through the first mission fine, shot the enemies down normally, crashed into the terrain etc.

The problems are in the gfx glitches:
1) Black player's airplane, the others seem fine
2) Airplane invisible in garage
3) Terrain is very glitchy
4) Intro video is glitchy
5) The sun looks screwed

This is with "PCSX2 1.3.1-20150815120750 - compiled on Aug 15 2015"
Collisions were fixed with a patch ages ago.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Can you satisfy my curiosity about what causes the current gfx glitches? Also, should I create an issue in Github about this or is it known?

It hurts to have my beloved AC4 so close within my grasp, but unattainable.

EDIT: oh ok, it's about the difficulty of emulating mipmapping