Resolved: [Bug Report]Baldur's Gate - Dark Alliance [NTSC-U] [SLUS-20035]
Exclamation 
[Bug Report]Baldur's Gate - Dark Alliance [NTSC-U] [SLUS-20035][Bug Report]

# PCSX2 version: Official v0.9.6 release
# CPU options: EErec on| VUrec0 and VUrec1 on |MTGS on|Multi threading GS Mode | Frame Limiting: Limit |
# Plugins used:
GSdx 0.1.14 [MSVC 15,SSSE3](software,dx10),:1280x1224 | Blend tff |SW rendering threads:2 | Texture Filtering | Wait Vsync
spu2-X 1.1.0: Linear | XAudio2 |
Gigaherz Cdvdrom 0.7.0:
LilyPad 0.9.9
-Advanced OptionsLaughefault

SYSTEM SPECS

Windows: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3
Memory (RAM): 4095 MB
CPU Info: Intel® Core™2 Quad CPU Q6700 @ 2.66GHz
CPU Speed: 2663.8 MHz
Sound card: Speakers (Creative SB X-Fi)- Creative Xtremegamer
Display Adapters: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 280 | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 280 | RDPDD Chained DD | RDP Encoder Mirror Driver | RDP Reflector Display Driver
Network Adapters: NVIDIA nForce 10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet #2 | NVIDIA nForce 10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet | VMware Virtual Ethernet Adapter for VMnet8
CD / DVD Drives: E: TSSTcorpDVD+-RW TS-H553A
Mouse: 16 Button Wheel Mouse Present
Hard Disks: C: 30.2GB | D: 435.5GB
Hard Disks - Free: C: 3.8GB | D: 254.5GB
Manufacturer: Phoenix Technologies, LTD
Product Make: XFX nForce 790i Ultra 3-Way SLI
BIOS Info: AT/AT COMPATIBLE | 09/10/08 | XFX79U - 42302e31
Motherboard: XFX XFX nForce 790i Ultra 3-Way SLI

# Description: Game will boot but During intro credits the video will freeze. The background music will play on until the end of that intro segment. Once that video ends. PCSX2 will freeze. The DVD appears to read fine and no errors apear in the Console. It simply stops. A little extra info. If you quickly skip through the intro and get to the Main Menu in the game. and button mash your way through the character selection screen It will display the BG: DA Chapter I screen, but again During the video the game will freeze, music will play and emu will die.

Sponsored links

can you please try the latest beta?
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

The game has always been broken. Guess it's time to look at it again once more Tongue
(03-30-2010, 02:25 PM)refraction Wrote: can you please try the latest beta?
***UPDATE*** 3/30/2010 0730 -10:00GMT (HI) - Fail 2
-Attempted.
Same issue. Used same plugin configuration I used from release version, Should i play with them? Is a Video Upload needed? or Screen shots?Do you need system specs? Do you need me to rip my BGDA game to work on a fix for it?

***Update*** 3/30/2010 1245 -10:00GMT (HI) -Fail 3
-Attempted again with Official release and March 2010 beta plugins. When attempting to run game directly from dvd through the drive CdvdGigahertz plugin recognizes the dvd as a dual layer cd(?_?) and then promptly crashes. ".Dump" file available upon request. File initiates "Run ISO" option is selected from the file menu and freezes promptly at the Logo screen before the Memory card load.

***Update*** 3/30/2010 1300 -10:00GMT (HI) -Fail 4
-Attempted again with Beta Release 1888 and March 2010 beta plugins. When attempting to run game directly from dvd through the drive CdvdGigahertz recognizes the dvd as a dual layer cd(?_?) and then promptly crashes. ".Dump" file available upon request. File initiates correctly when "Run ISO" option is selected from the file menu, but still locks up during intro movie the Black Isle movie.
Youtube Video of Baldur Crash. For whatever reason alot of video quality was los tin the xfer
[Image: Deadlysin-2.jpg]
Dual Layer CD????? Really?.. Ha-ha...
Anyway, I'm wondering if the layer-break patch for God of War will help, even if it's single-layer... I'll make an ISO and try it soon...

UPD: It's not a big surprise, it does not work... Smile It does not seem to be CDVD-related...
Last tested on r2802, even with the new "IPU slices hack"... No luck...
Minor GSDX bug on first splash-screens: only left half of the screen is shown in Hardware mode...
No, why should it? Tongue2
We're working on it though..
(04-01-2010, 11:38 AM)eliot_cougar Wrote: Minor GSDX bug on first splash-screens: only left half of the screen is shown in Hardware mode...

Hadn't Mentioned that part before, but i can confirm this as well.
Good luck you guys Laugh
*BUMP*!!!
Do not bump the bug reports if you have nothing useful to add...
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64