Resolved: [Bug Report] Baldur's Gate - Dark Alliance [PAL]
PCSX2 version: 0.9.6 beta 791, 976 and 1190
CPU settings: EERec on, VU0Rec and VU1Rec on, MTGS on
GFX plugin: GSdx 890 (MSVC 15.00, SSSE3) 0.1.14, DX9 Hardware, PS 3.0
SFX plugin: SPU2-X 1.1.0
Speedhacks: none
Advanced settings: default
Description:
At the language selection, copyright screen and Memory Card selection there is just half of the screen vivsible (but in DX9 Software Mode the full screen). (Screenshots 1-2)

After the Memory Card selection the game freezes in the intro if you don't press X immediately. (Screenshot 3)

Then you have 1-2 seconds time to navigate yourself through the menus else the game freezes again. (Screenshots 4-5)
If you are fast enough, you can make it to the map screen and the game freezes there. (Screenshot 6)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 2.88GHz | Mainboard: MSI P965 Platinum (MS-7238)
RAM: MDT DDR-800 CL5 4x1GB | GFX: GeForce GTX 260 | SFX: Soundblaster Live! 5.1 Digital
HDDs: Samsung HD401LJ 400GB, HD501LJ 500GB, HD103UJ 1TB | OS: Windows XP Prof. SP3

Sponsored links

Ok, the just half of the screen visible part is gsdx fault, so not really our concern.

The rest could be a number of reasons, but is certainly a problem. Do me a favour, try again selecting in the advanced mode menu
eerecs clamp mode full
vurecs clamp mode extra+preserve sign
I set the options as you described but there was no visible change.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

RAM: MDT DDR-800 CL5 4x1GB | GFX: GeForce GTX 260 | SFX: Soundblaster Live! 5.1 Digital
HDDs: Samsung HD401LJ 400GB, HD501LJ 500GB, HD103UJ 1TB | OS: Windows XP Prof. SP3
(03-17-2009, 06:25 PM)Krakatos Wrote: Ok, the just half of the screen visible part is gsdx fault, so not really our concern.

Happens in ZeroGS as well. Note also that all games that use the Dark Alliance engine (Dark Alliance 2, Fallout Brotherhood of Steel etc) all suffer from this issue.

There has been numerous threads on this topic reporting the same bugs. The menu freeze has been in pcsx2 since the very beginning, or since I started testing games in it (2 years ago).
Old habits die hard - System Shock
Nothing has changed for this game with beta 976/1190 and up-to-date plugins.
Heya. I have exactly the same problem. At first i thought it was down to how i made the image file but then i found this thread. I have a weird feeling its down to the audio (although i don't know much about the emulator or how these things work) , this is because if you skip really quickly through all the menu's its fine, but as soon as you get to the first unskipable cinematic it bugs the audio is choppy and the game freezes. would love some suggestions as this game is amazing. Thanks
Half-part missing thing is not exactly gsdx fault, it's some kind of bugfeature that BG used, that does not supported properly. I know how to fix that in ZZogl, but such hack is not correct according to manual, so I don't want to risk until this game would be more usefull than on menus stage. I guess that impementing bugfeatures is most hardest things ever here.
BREAKTHROUGH!!!!!!!!!!

Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance IS now playable, albeit at 5.63 frames a second and incredibly f**ked up textures. All in the name of progress I geuss. Also you have to speed thru the menu again and skip the beggining things including 1st and 2nd cutscenes (1st being map 2nd being the one where you get whacked on the head (if you played the actual game on ps2 or one pc its the one where you outside the gate.) Voice laggy as fu*k and electronic. I used dx10/11 but dx9 hardware works fine.

Heres what I used:
Graphics Plugin: GSDC 3068 MSVC 15.00, SSe2 0.1.16 with the following settings: Direct3d10/11 (Hardware), 2x Scaling in res settings, allow 8-Bit textures.
Sound PluginWackoPU2-X r3117 1.4.0
CDVD Plugin: cdvdGigaherz r3006 0.8.0
And the latest Public Beta of PCSX2 v0.9.7.3113
Ohh and I used BIOS: Europe v01.60(04/10/2001)

It was sort of playable but one side of the screen was covered so you couldn't see through there and by the way to anywone interested you can skip the first and second custscenes by pressing X for the 1st cutscene and Start for the 2nd (Normally it crashes on 2nd cutscene) people look like they have been half-eaten and blood covered and s**t. the floor is f**ked beyond belief. Trying to get the second side of screen working now.
You forgot to mention PCSX2 version, which is the most important one Tongue
[Image: newsig.jpg]
No problem there, as the "breakthrough" isn't really something new Tongue2
Still same old IPU FIFO drain issue, still same MIPMAP doesn't work issue.
(Still no telling when that will ever work Tongue2 )