Resolved: [Bug Report] Fatal Fury Battle Archives 1 [NTSC-J]
This game is one of the few PS2 games running at 240p, that might be part of the problem(it's also why these games don't work with component cables on PS2). Later SNK collections run at 480p.

Sponsored links

That's interesting... not sure what effect that would have on vsync, I'm guessing it will have less scanlines, so theoretically there will be less horizontal syncs than normal... could be worth investigating, thanks Smile
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

I've just realized that by enabling the turbo mode (200%) the game works fine, so I'm assuming that the game is running at 50% instead of 100% in normal mode.
@nachash

Can you please press TAB during emulation and check if the speed is correct?

Edit:
wow... that was an unexpected ninja.
(10-15-2015, 12:24 PM)willkuer Wrote: @nachash

Can you please press TAB during emulation and check if the speed is correct?

Edit:
wow... that was an unexpected ninja.

Biggrin
I just tried booting the PAL version of this game, but it just completely crashes GS and PCSX2 with it. With GSNull plugin it just hangs the game at the same moment at "licence image load OK!".
Happens with both latest and old PCSX2 versions. I finally did manage to boot it up with software mode, and when it did I could switch to hardware at native3x mode without issues, but when I boot in hardware(even at native or lower), it crashes very often.

But I did discover the PAL version has the same running at half the speed at 100% issue, and the solution(turbo mode) is the same too.
Can you please post a new bug report about the PAL version? It seems the crashing problem is something new. Probably it would be best to separate this.
Please attach the full emulog after the crash as well as emulation and plugin settings into the new bug report.
That is an old bug, not sure if it ever got fixed.

(10-15-2015, 12:39 PM)FlatOut Wrote: I just tried booting the PAL version of this game, but it just completely crashes GS and PCSX2 with it. With GSNull plugin it just hangs the game at the same moment at "licence image load OK!".
Happens with both latest and old PCSX2 versions. I finally did manage to boot it up with software mode, and when it did I could switch to hardware at native3x mode without issues, but when I boot in hardware(even at native or lower), it crashes very often.

But I did discover the PAL version has the same running at half the speed at 100% issue, and the solution(turbo mode) is the same too.

It should work fine with the gsnull plugin
willkuer Wrote:willkuer
Can you please post a new bug report about the PAL version? It seems the crashing problem is something new. Probably it would be best to separate this.
Please attach the full emulog after the crash as well as emulation and plugin settings into the new bug report.

It's the same for all the versions, and some other neogeo collections as well. It can be fixed by launching another game before (it doesn't always work), by launching the game with the null plugin or just by creating a savestate
Yeah my last report said this (you won't be able to see it cos it's a hidden defunct forum)

Beta Date: Beta Date: 14 08 2011 0.9.9 r4870

Conditions Tested Under:

GSdx 4873 SSE41 [20 08 2011]
LilyPad 0.10.0 r4797 [25 07 2011]
cdvdGigaherz r4488 [25 07 2011]
USBnull Driver 0.7.0 [25 07 2011]
SPU2-X r4872 [15 08 2011]
DEV9null Driver 0.5.0 [25 07 2011]
FWnull Driver 0.7.0 [25 07 2011]
USA v02.00(14/06/2004) Console
VU1Rec and VU0Rec | MTVU 1 | Console 1

This ones great lol, now GSDX crashes! wee!! infact it crashes so hard, it crashes my NVIDIA display drivers. Anyhow, that seems oddly random (got it to do it twice, most other times the emu just crashed, then 2 other times it worked fine). If it doesnt work, you can savestate past it with gsnull and then swap plugin, it works fine ;p

Status
Playable