Resolved: [Bug Report] Final Fantasy XII [Bug]
Pcsx2 r5127
Default settings -No speed hacks
Final Fantasy XII [pal]
Gsdx r5125
Issue - When using Gsdx Hardware mode the game hangs(crashes pcsx2) during the intro after selecting a new game. Using software mode doesnt result in the crash. Would look like a Gsdx HW render problem[/i]
Msi GF-62VR
Intel  core i7 7700hq @2.8(3.5ghz turbo) Nvidia 6gig GTX1060 16 gigs DDr5   windows 10
*base 64 images don't work here - ref*

Sponsored links

I'm not sure but maybe the special hackfix in the GSdx CRC list might be about that...is your CRC in there?
http://code.google.com/p/pcsx2/source/search?q=FFXII&origq=FFXII&btnG=Search+Trunk

Try full boot with HW mode to see if it crashes. Also do NOT have any interlacing option pre-selected on the GSdx GUI, having one selected crashes some games (like the dragonball ones)
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(03-15-2012, 01:22 AM)Bositman Wrote: Try full boot with HW mode to see if it crashes. Also do NOT have any interlacing option pre-selected on the GSdx GUI, having one selected crashes some games (like the dragonball ones)
The Full boot/no interlacing option seems to work, i havnt had another crash in 3 attempts. Thanks BostimanBiggrin
Spoke too soon, the problem persists, it crashes VERY randomly during FMV`s using HW mode

Msi GF-62VR
Intel  core i7 7700hq @2.8(3.5ghz turbo) Nvidia 6gig GTX1060 16 gigs DDr5   windows 10
ugh, this will really tick rama off, he hates finding random crashes.
Have you tried finding the revision that broke it?
(I'd try to start at r5105,r5104 to see if the cdvd change did it)
It's almost surely a GSdx related crash. It may be a problem with the video hack specially made for this game.
Its very strange, as it happens at random places, but it will usually micro stutter just before the crash
UPDATE
Just tested it with svn r5130, problem still persists. Any idea when the FFXII hack fix was implemented? because i can try an earlier version and compare
Msi GF-62VR
Did anyone try to manually change the standart fps (in this PAL) in the .inis fikes? I did from the standart 50 FPS to 70 and when you try do boot it freeze at the boot up video. I've tried to turn off several things and the only that works is to go back to 50 FPS.
Dude ,Pal runs at 50fps so its no wonder. Plus off topic
Msi GF-62VR
I think that Guy was meaning that if you're using a non standard speed it would crash more frequently, rather than he is having an issue.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]