Resolved: [Bug Report] Gran Turismo 4 [PAL]
hello!!

althougth i check frequently pcsx2 update, i never had the possibilities to try it by myself, but things changes: now that GT4 is almost playable, i need the share those screen with you. Congratulation to the whole pcsx2 team & plugin suppliers!!!

config
c2d@3ghz
ati 4850
4gb

settings:
cpu: everything on
speeds hack: everything but EE & IOP/EE, + extra Vu overflow

plugin:
gsdx sse3 (dx10, weave bff, no loop hack, texture filtering)
spu2ghz pg 1.9
lilypad
P.E.Op.S (only one working for my gt4 iso throught deamon tool)

I get ~30fps ingame in arcade mode in races such as tsubaka, suzuka, nurb... didn't try everything

check this out 3/5 gold on sunday cup!!! lol it's playable!!!Ninja

here BiggrinCool

Sponsored links

(12-13-2008, 06:05 PM)psyalemao Wrote: I didn't find Gamma Correction options, there is only Brightness and Contrast. I tried to change them to +3 or -3 with multiple combinations and didn't work.

Just to say that I managed to get it to work now. It was only needed to set Brightness value to 0.
AMD Athlon 64 3000+ @2.2Ghz 754 Newcastle/ASUS K8V-X/GeForce FX 5500 256MB AGP-8X Downclocked/Seagate Sata2 250GB/512MB DDR-400

[Image: psyalemao.jpg]
(12-13-2008, 10:34 PM)standrs Wrote: check this out 3/5 gold on sunday cup!!! lol it's playable!!!Ninja

here BiggrinCool
nice screenshots Laugh

(12-13-2008, 11:29 PM)psyalemao Wrote: Just to say that I managed to get it to work now. It was only needed to set Brightness value to 0.

glad you were able to get it working.
sorry i told you the "gamma", i didn't remember exactly what needed to be set Tongue
ok i've done a little more testing:
got almost fullspeed on tsubaka with c2d@4ghz but most importantly every speed hack on (exept for the last). i've noticed that the last one make the game quite "glichtchy" briging more (short) grey screen=> i should look at the brightness value... and the one just before make the game blink somtimes. it is quite ennoying. but togother those to gives you +10/15 fps. the others have no special drawbacks... and make the game a little little faster.

akward problem: when the race starts the game slow down and almost freeze every time...
gzero doesn't work ingame , and is slower in the menu on my computer
i think i've done my best not much to test now

edit: with brightness=0 you can activate the last speed hack setting...
gt4 run ~40-50 fps.

playground is gooooood, but i want more ( i know i'm a jerk...) =>[]
Thats right I recall now that GT4 doesn`t have the crash on starting a race if you have windows Vista and have it set to dx10. Its a bug in the dx9 code for the plugin somewhere.

I refuse to have Vista on my pc though.
Old habits die hard - System Shock
(12-14-2008, 05:57 AM)icemann Wrote: Thats right I recall now that GT4 doesn`t have the crash on starting a race if you have windows Vista and have it set to dx10. Its a bug in the dx9 code for the plugin somewhere.

I refuse to have Vista on my pc though.

Since you refuse to install Vista like me, you could install DX10 on winxp. But it's not supported by Microsoft and is a 3rd party. I don't know if this work great since I don't have a vga with DX10 support.
here is the link: http://kms-system.com/
AMD Athlon 64 3000+ @2.2Ghz 754 Newcastle/ASUS K8V-X/GeForce FX 5500 256MB AGP-8X Downclocked/Seagate Sata2 250GB/512MB DDR-400

[Image: psyalemao.jpg]
i've been trying out 1280x1024 d3d resolution with gsdx... cars looks great but it does slow the game a little bit without interlacing and gives huge slowdown with blend bff... -50% fps as stated in the gui. (doesn't change speed in native mod).

1024p+ resolution don't work... pcsx2 just crash after one second of 3d -loading state ingame-. is it because i dont have enought video ram?(512). anyway 1440p works just fine in ffx... so...
yeah i suppose its something with your graphics card.
anyways that stuff is GSdx's problem, pcsx2-playground can't do anything about it Tongue2
don't get me wrong i'm not complaining... u guys are doing a great job... just trying to get as much information as i can so i could get to play my favourite game ever on my computer with a decent screen quality (since new ps3 doesn't emulate ps2 anymore, and i've still one year to wait before gt5!!!)
so i tried the 0.9.5 svn377, in order to say i tried everything... i was quite surprised to see that it as no ingame artefact on tsubaka. But (there is always a but), it is very unstable in the menu and it is also a bit slower (with hacks on): -2/-5fps. just like the pg version it hangs sometimes during the race.

here is my questions: how incompatible is the new code of the 377 with the current pg code... (i know nothing about emulation coding maybe that's a stupid question, but i HAVE to ask). PG without any glitch would be the best lol!!!

ummm stability issues may be my fault after all.
i've ordered a new computer and i'm not very lucky...
=> 4850: doesn't support heavy load @factory frequency
=> just discovered that i have the only g33 mb with only 4x pcie
=> my ram as some materiel defect
=> i got the only e5200 that requiere really heavy voltage to get fully stable over 4ghz

what the f...