Resolved: [Bug Report] Gran Turismo 4 [PAL]
Quick post to confirm that the GT4 freeze on startup has been fixed. The crash when attempting to start a race still occurs however.

I didn`t see any less garbage textures also Sad.
Old habits die hard - System Shock

Sponsored links

the one race my dump has (trial mountain) runs perfect until gsdx crashes.

it used to have SPS and garbage like in this picture:
http://forums.pcsx2.net/attachment.php?aid=12089
but now thats all gone.
Interesting. I never saw any garbage like that in the game on any of my play throughs. The garbage I was seeing was of the screen looking alot like a tv when its not tuned properly (the fuzzy lines etc).

Curious were you playing in dx9 or dx10 mode? As it was only dx9 mode crashing the emulator according to reports back on the old forums.
i'm on dx9 mode.
and the fuzzyness appears for me if i'm using VU-skip or frameskip, i'm not sure if thats what you're talking about though.

anyways, i don't know what crash you're talking about.
maybe its only on certain races.

i'll try and get my GT4 cd working with pcsx2 so i can test more races, i think it needs a skip video patch in order to make it work.

edit:
i renamed a pnach file from another gt4 version, and managed to get in-game with my gt4 cd.
but pcsx2 really hates my build, i get graphic corruption throughout menus, and random crashes. :/

my dump file doesn't have any of that stuff, so i guess different versions of the games have different problems.
(it might also be gsdx's fault; maybe gabest hardcoded some GT4 fixes, and didn't include the CRC of my version of the game.)
Hmm. For me I only use frame limiter, which I use in all games to set the appropriate frames to be set at 50.

My version of the game is sles517.19. The garbage I see looks exactly like the screenshot psyalemao posted back at the start of this thread. If you require any other screenshots of the stuff that goes on when I try and play the game feel free to ask.

For me I cant get into any races at all, not even the speed test ones. As in example, after your post I went and tried Trial Mountain, and right upto the point where it got to "2" in the count down it worked fine other than some occcasional screen garbage. But soon as it got to 2 crash.

If I try the speed test I get into it then within 3 seconds then screen jumbles up, then freezes then a few moments later the emulator crashes. I`ll attach a screenshot of that one to this post.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Ok I`ve been testing the game for the last hour and I got the game working again. My theory turned out to be right all along. Its GSDX thats causing the crash.

As soon as I put GSDX into software mode I could get into races just fine with no crashes. I`ve attached a screenshot to this post as proof of this. So not much we can do about this one till Gabest fixes it Sad.

[edit]
Actually there are still crashes and freezes. But happen completely at random in races.

If ZeroGS is selected the crashes dont happen almost at all. But the speed is terrible.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

yeah the split-screen crash is the gsdx crash i was talking about earlier.
i wasn't 100% it was gsdx, but i was too lazy to test zeroGS to be sure Wink

anyways, I guess we'll have to wait till gabest fixes it Laugh
This game makes me angry with this pcsx2 thing, with GSDX 0.1.12 in XP with dx9 everything looks well at the start in both GT3 and GT4, intro plays well, menus looks normal and speed seems about 70-80fps (at least), but when it comes to start the race after few seconds came error that hang the game. It's not much better in ZeroGS 0.97.1 menus looks bit worst but races starts and after about one minute of playing game just hangs. I'll try linux version soon but i don't expect any better than that. Damn i've forgotten - GT4 don't work with playground at all, hangs before intro...Tongue
veeeight:

the hanging in the intro is fixed in latest playground releases.
you just have to have no speedhacks on, and in the Advanced options set VU clamp mode to 'Extra'. (and keep default settings for everythign else)
(12-24-2008, 03:24 AM)cottonvibes Wrote: veeeight:

the hanging in the intro is fixed in latest playground releases.
you just have to have no speedhacks on, and in the Advanced options set VU clamp mode to 'Extra'. (and keep default settings for everythign else)

Never used any speedhacks Blink