Resolved: [Bug Report] Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas [NTSC-U] Reflection Bug in Software Mode
[Bug Report] Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas [NTSC-U] Reflection Bug in Software Mode

PCSX2 Version: 1.3.0-20140630185610 (git)
CPU Options: EE/IOP: Defaults, VUs: Defaults
Plugins Used: GSdx 20140613233250 (MSVC 18.00, SSE2) 0.1.16 (GSdx32-SSE2), SPU2-X 20140630084602 2.0.0 (SPU2-X)
Description: In Software Mode is a Reflection of trees,... on Screen, in Hardware Mode is working without problem but in Hardware Mode is missing  beautiful Red Sky Effect.
Screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/qdmkNyZ.png

Sponsored links

There's a separate report by another user in Git tracker. Bug is confirmed in DX9; but does this still exist in OGL/current builds?
Yes.
Quote:Description: In Software Mode is a Reflection of trees,... on Screen, in Hardware Mode is working without problem but in Hardware Mode is missing beautiful Red Sky Effect.
It must still be broken in HW mode too. That strange.
(05-31-2016, 04:19 PM)gregory Wrote: It must still be broken in HW mode too. That strange.
According to the github issue report it's turned off with a CRC hack.
You're right there is a CRC hack. I wonder if we could do the same for the SW renderer. On openGL HW, I think I could emulate the effect. But I may need to rewrite the scaling management in the texture cache....
I remember a screen reflection effect just like this occurs in Burnout 3. That was a few months ago, but I can't test that anymore since my disk has a crack in it. Sad

IIRC, that game is affected by CRC Hacks as well
Well burnout3 is buggy as hell on the HW renderer. I have another game with strange reflect. I need to check the rendering to find what happen. Anyway it is on my long and infinite todo list.
Burnout 3 has the reflection on the vertical bars that appear in HW modes, but it's not visible on SW.

Battlefield 2 has the reflection covering the whole screen in software mode like this game.
For the record, the issue is the game requires a read/write texture (doable in HW mode but require big change, too costly on the SW mode).