Resolved: [Bug Report] Growlanser II [NTSC]
Wink 
(05-14-2010, 09:56 AM)Denirth Wrote:
(05-10-2010, 01:03 PM)pedrosilvaa Wrote: You can compile it yourself from google code, or just wait for the next official release Smile

hehehe, I'll wait! ^^ thanks for all the awesome work, pcsx2 team!

Great news! Can't wait for the next release!

Sponsored links

(05-06-2010, 03:02 AM)rama Wrote: We finally found and fixed the random battle hang.
Fixed on the svn since rev 2954 Smile

Hum, okay, so, I managed to try using rev 2994 of PCSX2. The random battle thing isn't an issue anymore, however I'm experiencing different problems now.

With Growlanser II in certain events the game would sorta do a freeze? I mean, the music still plays, and certain effects still show (such as rain), but I couldn't get the scene to move forward, nor do pressing any of the gamepad buttons do anything to affect the game. Also, the graphics look all chopped up and discolored in places, like the intro movie and character icons in menus/save-load >_>

With Growlanser III the game does a freeze when trying to save >_>

I'm not sure if it's simply some settings I've neglected to change in rev 2994 or something else...Any ideas??

Win 7 64-bit
AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4600+
2.411 ghz
PCSX2 rev. 2994
GSdx 2966m (MSVC 15.00, SSE2) 0.1.16 [GSdx-SSE2]
-Direct3D 10/11 (Hardware)
-Blend bff
-D3D internal res: 1024x1024
-1x D3D scaling
-Allow 8-bit textures
-Texture filtering (square, not checkmark)
Round Mode: chop/zero
Clamping mode: normal
Flush to Zero, Denormals are Zero, both checked
no speedhacks
no game fixes

any ideas??
try to untick the allow 8 bit textures. this maybe fixes the menu and the other choped graphics. also svn's are not supported so you should or play as it is and try to configure it on your own or use 1888 or an older version that didnt have this problem. rama probably announced they fixed it so you can or try it on your own or know that in the next official beta/stable version that it will be ok Tongue

edit: that doesnt mean that will not be any other problems in those games....
OS: Win 7 Ultimate x64 sp1, MoBo: Asus P5QD Turbo, CPU: Q6600 @ 3,0Ghz, RAM: Trancend 2x2gb 6-6-6-18 800 MHz, GPU: HD 4850 1gb.
Pcsx2: Always Latest
I'm sure I mentioned the random IPU related hangs?
They're annoying, I know. There is a way to get past them though:
Suspend emulation, then hit resume. Repeat a few times, it should continue with the game.
(05-24-2010, 03:22 AM)iakoboss7 Wrote: try to untick the allow 8 bit textures. this maybe fixes the menu and the other choped graphics. also svn's are not supported so you should or play as it is and try to configure it on your own or use 1888 or an older version that didnt have this problem. rama probably announced they fixed it so you can or try it on your own or know that in the next official beta/stable version that it will be ok Tongue

edit: that doesnt mean that will not be any other problems in those games....

Okay, I'll try that!

(05-24-2010, 03:35 AM)rama Wrote: I'm sure I mentioned the random IPU related hangs?
They're annoying, I know. There is a way to get past them though:
Suspend emulation, then hit resume. Repeat a few times, it should continue with the game.

ohhh, okay, I'll try that, too!

Thanks, guys! ^^
Recent SVNs seem to have brocken the game again. While "mission complete" and saving hangs are up to chance, random battle hangs are unavoidable. I downgraded to 3443 and everything works fine (so far). My guess is the problem lies with recent MTGS impletions.
So anyone know how it works on the current 0.9.7? I realize this is an old thread, but I think bumping this one is better in this case than creating a new one.
Battles work but the IPU still randomly dies. Now you can't "revive" it anymore either.
(04-18-2011, 08:43 AM)rama Wrote: Battles work but the IPU still randomly dies. Now you can't "revive" it anymore either.

Would using savestates to save before it dies and load it afterwards be able to circumvent or otherwise "revive" the IPU?
Yep, if you do your savestate early enough (try 5 seconds before you anticipate an IPU use like at the ending of a battle or a special skill use),
you could be lucky and loading the state randomly makes it pass the touch spot.

Sorry it's that crappy but I simply can't find why this game is so picky with the random IPU timing Sad

Edit:
Also the EE cycle rate speedhack might help a bit when you're stuck: Try setting a higher / lower value then.