Resolved: [Bug Report] Kessen 2
Interesting that they feel the need to illegally rip off GPL'd code but don't bother to contribute back by throwing some documentation/coders to improve it.
This is nothing new though, Nintendo infamously did this with their 'Virtual Console' as well, ripping off open-source projects to emulate their various consoles in software. They COULD hire engineers and coders or they can rip off people that have done the work for them.

Emulation is completely legal, especially if it still requires a separate legal BIOS and your own game files. In fact, PCSX2 is just a shell program (basically) with the end-user needing to provide all the other legitimate parts.

Maybe PCSX2 devs can poke Sony and congratulate them on ripping off a GPL project? Tongue

You know the craziest thing? After all the crap that Sony gave hackers for the removal of the PS2 backwards-compatibility and disabling the 'OtherOS' feature, they don't see the sheer utter hypocrisy in ripping off PCSX2 code, do they? Tongue

Sponsored links

Sony have all power au.
Been 5 months since I last tested it, updated the first post (See Page 1) and bugs still persist. Although, the topic has derailed into something else... Wacko
Favorite PS2 Games: Kessen II, SSX Tricky, & Mr. Mosquito
PlayStation 2: Ceramic White & Black (Original)
r5815 should hopefully bring you some joy. As i suspected looking back on this thread, the graphical problems were due to COP2 problems, which i have now issued a patch for.

Of course this is just for the USA version of the game as that is all i have currently for testing.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Information 
(01-14-2014, 01:48 AM)refraction Wrote: r5815 should hopefully bring you some joy. As i suspected looking back on this thread, the graphical problems were due to COP2 problems, which i have now issued a patch for.

Of course this is just for the USA version of the game as that is all i have currently for testing.

I'll test it in the next hour or so when I get off work. Lucky for you, I have both PAL and NTSC-U versions of Kessen II in my cabinet. Biggrin

+ Bugfix works with 5815 - NTSC-U! No more cape or beard polygon issues.

Native: http://i.imgur.com/JlVfry3.jpg
x 3 Native: http://i.imgur.com/mzgq7iu.jpg

+ Bugfix does not work with 5815 - PAL. Use 5816. See differences below.

NTSC-U: http://i.imgur.com/1mzkCTV.png
PAL: http://i.imgur.com/dbS5qgb.png

Speaking of, anything specific I could do to help you and the coding team with the PAL version? (I'm not real savvy on creating logs)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

As I said in the svn commit the fix was for the usa version only. To fix the pal one I need somebody to run a devel build (built themselves not svn) and you need to play as far as seeing the SPS, then upload the emulog for me Smile

Yes I know it was only for USA version, but I like to be optimistic that you might kill two birds with one stone. I don't know much about devel builds, but I'll try looking it up on the forums when I get a chance.
Managed to get my hands on the EU copy today from a friend, as long as your version is SLES 50578 that is now patched too as of r5816

(01-15-2014, 01:13 AM)refraction Wrote: Managed to get my hands on the EU copy today from a friend, as long as your version is SLES 50578 that is now patched too as of r5816

My PAL disk runs perfect, no polygon bugs with beards, breasts, or cloth!

Only 1 *minor* bug prevails, thank you for the hard work refraction! You have no idea how much this means to me. Smile
That minor bug sounds like an SPU2 plugin problem. Is it the same with either Peops, ZeroSPU2 and SPU2-X?