Resolved: [Bug Report] MLB Power Pros 2008 [NTSC-U]
Greets. Much help would be GREATLY appreciated. One of my favorite PS2 & sports games of all time.

Has anyone got this working yet? I'm getting the memory leak and running PCSX2 1.1.0.r5530 - compiled on Jan 19 2013.

I've tried all the different graphics plugs and the game gets the leak on all instances of GSdx. The entire screen is corrupted if trying to use ZeroGS on default settings.

Have you guys found any adjustments that corrected the memory leak?

Also I'm using GSdx verison r5464 <---is this the latest version?

EDIT: Just grabbed the latest PCSX2 r5605 - same leak issue.

These are my system specs:

Microsoft Windows 8 Pro 32-bit
Intel Pentium G850 @ 2.90Ghz (Dual Core)
4.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 407MHz
AMD Radeon HD 6670 2 Gig DDR3 RAM

Sponsored links

Try f9 for software mode. If not and the game crashes due to the memory usage, download the ntcore 4gb patch and use it on the pcsx2.exe
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(04-09-2013, 11:10 AM)refraction Wrote: Try f9 for software mode. If not and the game crashes due to the memory usage, download the ntcore 4gb patch and use it on the pcsx2.exe

hmm, maybe PCSX2 could set that flag itself from now on (as Bethesda itself learned with Skyrim Smile )
Imagination is where we are truly real
Im thinking about it. Ill have to reset my project files first as ive locallt modified them Tongue2

(04-09-2013, 11:10 AM)refraction Wrote: Try f9 for software mode. If not and the game crashes due to the memory usage, download the ntcore 4gb patch and use it on the pcsx2.exe

Thank you very much, I'll give it a try!
I've tried the patch both on the beta version mentioned above and the most stable version released back late 2012 - Still no luck. The patch only seemed to slow down the memory hike but not stop it all together from eventually becoming fatal.

Is this just an issue with computers only seating 4 gigs of ram? Like if I were to upgrade my 4 gigs to 8 gigs would that endure the memory jumps which eventually lower down again?
hmm, you might be better off trying ZeroGS ;p

(04-17-2013, 11:16 PM)refraction Wrote: hmm, you might be better off trying ZeroGS ;p

ZeroGS didn't work. When the opening comes up looking for a memory card the screen is solid black and then when the "Hey Batter!" opening video starts it's a pixelated and corrupted mess. Lol.

It was suggested to me to try and remove one of my 2 Gig RAM sticks since I'm running a 32 bit version of Windows. Supposedly even Win 8 32 can't make use of the fourth gig of Ram and it might be confusing PCSX2 with that particular game even with the NTCore patch added.
Nah keep it in. Btw the 4gb patch wont do anything unless you enable the 3gb switch on windows. I suggest googling it Tongue2

(04-18-2013, 10:11 AM)refraction Wrote: Nah keep it in. Btw the 4gb patch wont do anything unless you enable the 3gb switch on windows. I suggest googling it Tongue2

Aye, I just found this out the hard way and will be placing my 2GB stick back in (actually also picked up a 1 Gig DDR3 for approx $12.50 but caused different issues with my USB devices).

Anywho, I've just gone and pulled 0.9.8 along with http://guliverkli.sourceforge.net/GSdxv1-14.zip
to use exclusively with Power Pros.

If that doesn't work I'll try NTCore again the proper way. XD

I'll report back if I find anything.