Resolved: [Bug Report] Monster Hunter [NTSC-U]
(05-07-2022, 02:46 AM)refraction Wrote: You're on a very old version of PCSX2, can you please make the savestate on the very latest build (1.7.2710)?  We don't support old versions

Here's a save state in the same spot on 1.7 dev2710:
drive.google.com
/file/d/1I88mU5qXWl12dSBEmW-ZmCkBS-9Cw-k9/view?usp=sharing

Sponsored links

Looks okay to me? I suggest you've messed with your configuration and broken it.

I'd be most interested in seeing your EE, VU, Speedhack and gamefix settings

[Image: attachment.php?aid=75404]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(05-07-2022, 05:52 AM)refraction Wrote: Looks okay to me? I suggest you've messed with your configuration and broken it.

I'd be most interested in seeing your EE, VU, Speedhack and gamefix settings

[Image: attachment.php?aid=75404]

wdym? That's the exact graphical glitch I'm talking about; it doesn't look like that on hardware (see the side-by-side in my original post.) The base of the lance where it flares out, the character's face, helmet, and thighs are all far too bright as if in full sunlight; notice for example how the chest piece has a hard line down the middle.

I made this save state using a clean download of the latest nightly build (1.7 dev 2710). My emulation settings are the "Safest (no hacks)" preset. I also saw this same issue using the default "Safe" preset.
oh the dark version was the correct version? My bad then, I was confused cos that looked wrong.

(05-07-2022, 07:00 AM)refraction Wrote: oh the dark version was the correct version? My bad then, I was confused cos that looked wrong.

Yeah, the effect is supposed to be much subtler.
Oh I too was thinking the dark one was the wrong one. Will recheck this now on my ps2 as well as pcsx2.
Photo 
Here's an example of similar lighting conditions working correctly in emulator; this time in a cave in the Swamp:

Save state here: drive.google.com
/file/d/155AmPiaDHlaodZIL0AZtN0C-e13eIJKA/view?usp=sharing
Okay yeah, so it just needs Extra + Sign clamping on the VU's. We'll get it added to the GameDB automatically.

[Image: unknown.png]

(05-08-2022, 12:10 AM)refraction Wrote: Okay yeah, so it just needs Extra + Sign clamping on the VU's. We'll get it added to the GameDB automatically.

[Image: unknown.png]

Great! Thank you!
Would it be possible to do the same fix for the Japanese version and Monster Hunter G, or should I open new big reports per the guide? They have the same visual glitch in the same places