Resolved: [Bug Report] Naval Ops Warship Gunner 2 USA
Versions: 1.7.4397 - 1.7.4427

Renderer: Automatic
Adapter: Default
 3x Native Resolution, also tried at Native
Default Settings on Mipmapping, Texture/Trilinear Filters, 16x Anistropic Filter

I've recently started using the nightly build after being on 1.6 for a long time and have encountered a graphical bug where the water in the game is overlapping all sprites and some objects. All projectiles cannot be seen unless they are above the water horizon, same for smoke effects and particles. Torpedoes and other weapons which are meant to work in the water do not seem to be affected.

The first image is taken in 1.6 and the second in 1.7.4427.

I have tried various changes to the settings, but have not yet found one that fixes this bug.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

I found my solution by switching to software rendering. Everything cleared up and ran perfectly once enabled. I currently play on my steam deck so I hope this work for you as well.
(08-07-2023, 12:35 AM)JuiceTin255 Wrote: I found my solution by switching to software rendering. Everything cleared up and ran perfectly once enabled. I currently play on my steam deck so I hope this work for you as well.

Yup that seems do fix that problem, but then you lose the beauty of enhanced resolution with AA. Oh well, it's just a trade off of which effects I want to see more. Thankyou, I had tried just about everything BUT changing to software rendering.
Thank you for your report.
This bug report has now been marked as Pushed and has been posted as an issue in our Github repository HERE

WIP:
https://github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/pull/9866

This thread will now be moved in the Pushed bug reports subforum.
Thank you for your report.
This bug report has now been marked as Resolved since it has been fixed on our code base.

This thread will now be closed and moved to the resolved bug reports subforum.