Resolved: [Bug Report] PCSX2 Immediately crashes after first time setup in git builds
Code:
Loading plugins...
Binding   GS: C:\Users\Kamijou\Documents\emulators\PCSX2\Plugins\GSdx32-SSE4.dll 
Windows 10.0.10240
Binding  PAD: C:\Users\Kamijou\Documents\emulators\PCSX2\Plugins\LilyPad.dll 
Binding SPU2: C:\Users\Kamijou\Documents\emulators\PCSX2\Plugins\SPU2-X.dll 
Binding CDVD: C:\Users\Kamijou\Documents\emulators\PCSX2\Plugins\cdvdGigaherz.dll 
Binding  USB: C:\Users\Kamijou\Documents\emulators\PCSX2\Plugins\USB_VB.dll 
Binding   FW: C:\Users\Kamijou\Documents\emulators\PCSX2\Plugins\FWnull.dll 
Binding DEV9: C:\Users\Kamijou\Documents\emulators\PCSX2\Plugins\CLR_DEV9.dll 
Plugins loaded successfully.

Initializing plugins...
Init GS
Windows 10.0.10240
Init PAD
Init SPU2
Init CDVD
Init USB
Init FW
Init DEV9
Plugins initialized successfully.

Bios Found: USA     v02.00(14/06/2004)  Console
Shutting down plugins...
PCSX2 1.3.1-20151129114659 - compiled on Nov 29 2015
Savestate version: 0x9a0b0000

Host Machine Init:
Operating System =  Microsoft Windows 10 Education (build 10240), 64-bit
Physical RAM     =  32458 MB
CPU name         =  Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4700HQ CPU @ 2.40GHz
Vendor/Model     =  GenuineIntel (stepping 03)
CPU speed        =  2.392 ghz (8 logical threads)
x86PType         =  Standard OEM
x86Flags         =  bfcbfbff fed87383
x86EFlags        =  28100800

x86 Features Detected:
SSE2.. SSE3.. SSSE3.. SSE4.1.. SSE4.2.. AVX.. AVX2.. FMA

I click apply for system default language.
I click import settings.
I click finish on the bios select screen cause its already on the bios i want. 
As soon as i click finish and it tries to actually start pcsx2 it instantly crashes.

This is for the latest git build all the way back to 2 weeks ago as far as i know.

If i'm missing anything that you need to know please say so.
ASUS ROG G750JM
Intel i7-4700HQ CPU @2.40GHz (Overclock 3.7GHz)
Intel® HD Graphics 4600
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M
32.0GB RAM

Sponsored links

Quote:Binding DEV9: C:\Users\Kamijou\Documents\emulators\PCSX2\Plugins\CLR_DEV9.dll

use the official DEV9null plugin and try again. and no, I can't reproduce your problem.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
installed vc++ 2015 x86 redist ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(11-30-2015, 08:59 AM)ssakash Wrote: use the official DEV9null plugin and try again. and no, I can't reproduce your problem.

It only happens every time i replace pcsx2 with a new git build version. All times after that it doesn't crash.

Also it does seem that the clr dev9 plugin made by Ge-Force ( http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Experimen...EV9-plugin ) is causing the issue as it doesn't crash with the "official" winpcap dev9 plugin.
I've linked this issue there in the hopes that he see's this. It's not really a major issue but it would be nice if it got fixed. I'm also hoping that eventually the clr dev9 plugin will replace the "winpcap" dev9 plugin once it's completely stable or at the very least become the prefered version.
ASUS ROG G750JM
Intel® HD Graphics 4600
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M
32.0GB RAM
Maybe because PCSX2 isn't designed to correctly import the INI values of this custom plugin. this fix will probably only be considered when this plugin is considered fine to be integrated to PCSX2.

can't really say anything without taking a look at the source code of the plugin.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
(11-30-2015, 11:30 AM)ssakash Wrote: Maybe because PCSX2 isn't designed to correctly import the INI values of this custom plugin. this fix will probably only be considered when this plugin is considered fine to be integrated to PCSX2.

can't really say anything without taking a look at the source code of the plugin.

https://github.com/TheLastRar/PCSX2-CLR-Plugins have fun ;P
ASUS ROG G750JM
Intel® HD Graphics 4600
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M
32.0GB RAM
(11-30-2015, 11:50 AM)Kamijou Touma Wrote: https://github.com/TheLastRar/PCSX2-CLR-Plugins have fun ;P

The CLR Dev9 plugin has been moved into it's own repo.

https://github.com/TheLastRar/CLR-DEV9

The plugin currently doesn't have any settings (so no ini file to import) so I don't think a custom ini file would cause issues.

the log says
Code:
Plugins initialized successfully.

so I'm unsure at what point the crash is caused, will need to investigate this myself.

Edit: It was a bug in the plugin which has been fixed now.
Quote:Edit: It was a bug in the plugin which has been fixed now.

Nice, I'll push this to resolved even if it's not an issue with the core. just hate pushing everything to invalid Tongue2

Thank you for your report.
This bug report has now been marked as Resolved since it has been fixed on our code base.

This thread will now be closed and moved to the resolved bug reports subforum.