Resolved: [Bug Report] Sengoku Basara X [SLPM-55008] crash on startup with latest git [GSdx]
# PCSX2 version: latest git v1.5.0-dev-841-g564bf8a-windows-x86 (tested also with a couple of previous versions)
# CPU options: default settings, same as you run program for the first time
# Description: PCSX2 crashes as soon as you run the game

The game works with version 1.4.0 but for some reason PCSX2 crashes immediately after starting this game with recent git builds.

I tried another similar Arc System Works game based on Atomiswave arcade hardware (Hokuto no Ken) thinking the same issue would arise, but that one starts with no problems and actually even has minor improvements.

Tried different hardware/DX11/DX9/OGL/software settings but still the same results, although the problem really does not seem settings-related.

I attached the log because I can't make sense of the error.

Attached Files
.txt   emuLog.txt (Size: 6,32 KB / Downloads: 358)

Sponsored links

(05-30-2016, 11:20 PM)vagrant18 Wrote: It works with 1.4.0 but for some reason PCSX2 crashes immediately after starting this game. I tried another similar Arc System Works game (Hokuto no Ken) and that one starts with no problems.

Tried different hardware/software settings but still same result.

I attached the log but I can't identify the error.

moved out of bug report until it fits the bug reporting template
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
So it works with 1.4.0, but crashes with the git build?
(05-30-2016, 11:29 PM)FlatOut Wrote: So it works with 1.4.0, but crashes with the git build?

Yes, it works with 1.4.0 but recent git builds crash as soon as you run the game. I tried more than one build and the results are the same.
(05-30-2016, 11:33 PM)vagrant18 Wrote: Yes, it works with 1.4.0 but recent git builds crash as soon as you run the game. I tried more than one build and the results are the same.

Which addition git builds did you try besides 841? I would try some earlier ones and the most recent just to be sure.

If it still crashes, it would be helpful to start with 841 and work backwards from there; so we can find which build it was caused by Smile
I tried now until version 660 and still the same thing. Unfortunately I can't tell when it broke because I just recently tried the new gits with that game as I didn't play it regularly. I remember though that it worked a few months ago after v1.4.0 was released, even with git builds. But who knows when...

Does the log not help at all? Sad
just to try and narrow things down, can you try the newest GIT build with the GSDX from 1.4.0?
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(06-08-2016, 11:08 PM)refraction Wrote: just to try and narrow things down, can you try the newest GIT build with the GSDX from 1.4.0?
I was about to suggest the same. Tongue2

Just to be clear, it means copying a GSdx dll from the 1.4.0\plugins folder to the plugins folder of the latest GIT version. And then selecting it in the latest GIT PCSX2, by going to Config->Plugin/BIOS Selector, Plugins tab and selecting it from the GS dropdown menu.

If it doesn't help, try the other 1.4.0 plugins(cdvdGigaherz and SPU2-X).
I managed to get a blockdump of this from a friend, looks like GSDX is the problem.  Picture of line it crashes on in the attachments

Edit: Added the crash point in SW mode too

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Is still bad ?