Resolved: [Bug Report] Shin Megami Tensei - Persona 4 NTSC SLUS 21782
Okay, I will try. I am still new to GIT, but I gather I'm doing that in the shell(ie command line) which shouldn't be a problem. I gotta reinstall GITHUB and reclone the repository since last time GITHUB got borked and only crashes when I launch it for some reason.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD

Sponsored links

Ok. I try to reproduce it on my side. I got a crash but
1/ it doesn't stop in the compiler so I don't know what is going on
2/ fifo code is not even called

So it could be an opengl issue actually or another issue.

Did it crash in special time? Did it crash in persona 4 start, or later in the game?
It only crashes when I switch from hardware mode to software mode and back, or use pause/resume from the system menu. It will happen at any point in the game. Intro, gameplay, FMV, whatever. And I'm using GSdx Direct3d 11, so I don't think there is any OpenGL issue(Also remember this is on Windows, since I know you are Linux guru!).

2 - since that code isn't called, I guess there is no point in fooling with the patch now. Oh well, I've got the repository cloned now if we have any more ideas!
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
well it would be nice it you can test it on your side. I don't have the exact same condition on linux.
Okay, I will give it a shot.
if it work. Revert the patch. And try this new one (it is a blind patch, I will be more clever to play the euro million)
Quote:--- a/plugins/GSdx/GSState.cpp
+++ b/plugins/GSdx/GSState.cpp
@@ -108,6 +108,7 @@ GSState::GSState()
m_sssize += m_mem.m_vmsize;
m_sssize += (sizeof(m_path[0].tag) + sizeof(m_path[0].reg)) * countof(m_path);
m_sssize += sizeof(m_q);
+ m_sssize += sizeof(m_init_read_fifo_supported);

PRIM = &m_env.PRIM;
// CSR->rREV = 0x20;
@@ -2145,6 +2146,8 @@ int GSState::Freeze(GSFreezeData* fd, bool sizeonly)

WriteState(data, &m_q);

+ WriteState(data, &m_init_read_fifo_supported);
+
return 0;
}

@@ -2241,6 +2244,8 @@ int GSState:Laughefrost(const GSFreezeData* fd)

ReadState(&m_q, data);

+ ReadState(&m_init_read_fifo_supported, data);
+
PRIM = !m_env.PRMODECONT.AC ? (GIFRegPRIM*)&m_env.PRMODE : &m_env.PRIM;

UpdateContext();
>_< okay I couldn't use git apply because it said the patch was corrupt at line 20, but I did the changes manually and compiled GSdx. I cannot make the crash happen with the patch applied.

HOWEVER, at this point I can't reproduce it at all! Even with the normal, unpatched GSdx that I was using before!

WTF?! This is really strange. Last night and earlier today it was easy to reproduce, and now I can't do it at all!

I don't know what to say. At this point I think we should have some other person besides me test. Get the latest GIT from my thread, boot Persona 4, and switch from software to hardware and back, and see if it crashes. I want to rule out some strangeness on my side. Although I checked everything, it's all fine. But still. I wanna see someone else reproduce before going any further.

I don't want to waste anyone's time Sad I am so sorry if this was something on my end. But I checked everything so thoroughly...
Also, when it WAS happening, I could turn on synchronized MTGS and it wouldn't happen, and then turn it back off and it would happen. How could that be something on my side if such a thing would fix it?
I still get this problem randomly, mostly when pause/resume. Very occasionally with render mode switch. I really wish someone else would confirm or deny it!
[Image: v6Chd.jpg]