Resolved: [Bug Report] Shin Megami Tensei - Persona 4 NTSC SLUS 21782
I spammed the F9 button, I also tested to pause and resume a multiple times but this game never crashed. I'm surprised because sometimes PCSX2 crashes(with Fatal Frame 1 and 2 but I don't know yet if it's my fault or not) but Persona 4 seems to run flawlessly on my computer.

Sponsored links

And you were using 1.3.0 ?
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
fatal frame uses the gs fifo for sure. GS fifo are used for special occassion. Blyss do you have a mc close to the location of the crash.
(06-13-2014, 06:15 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: And you were using 1.3.0 ?
Yes the build compiled on June 5 2014

(06-13-2014, 09:12 AM)gregory Wrote: fatal frame uses the gs fifo for sure. GS fifo are used for special occassion. Blyss do you have a mc close to the location of the crash.
So is it related? Is there anything I can do?
I have a memory card with all kinds of Persona 4 saves on it. But it's not one particular location, it's just seemingly random. I mean you can literally start a new game and then make it happen.

I am gonna test it on my mom's laptop later.
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
End of log from debug build, after I made it crash with F9:

Quote:(gsFrame) Invoking command: Sys_RenderswitchToggle
Suspending single plugin: GS
Saving GS
Closing GS
Recovering single plugin: GS
Opening GS
Forced software switch enabled.
Loading GS
(gsFrame) Invoking command: Sys_RenderswitchToggle
Saving GS
Closing GS
Opening GS
Loading GS
Saving GS
Closing GS
Opening GS
Forced software switch enabled.
Loading GS
Saving GS
Closing GS

So it's crashing when "(gsFrame) Invoking command: Sys_RenderswitchToggle" is called?
@werewolfy,
well normally it mustn't crash. What trigger the crash, pressing F9?

@blyss,
Ok. Basically it is the function that is called when F9 is hit Smile It would be more useful to run it in a debugger (good time to learn it Smile ).

F9 is really coded strangely (aka hackish hack), we already have issue because code wasn't thread safe that why it is important to know the source of the bug. Either my gs fifo change or an unrelated others issue.
On Fatal Frame 1 it seems that pressing F9 too often crashes the game sometimes after a while. On Fatal Frame 2 it crashed suddenly without pressing F9. But in both cases, the game froze then the sound cut, PCSX2 didn't respond and I had no other choce than closing the program. It's never on a particular location.

I've not determined yet if it's related to a revision in particular, I do some tests and I will eventually create a bug report when I know more about it because I know that "it crashes sometimes" won't help you very much Wink I'm sure about one thing for now : It never happened with PCSX2 1.2.1
(06-13-2014, 10:41 PM)werewolfy Wrote: I'm sure about one thing for now : It never happened with PCSX2 1.2.1

Yeah, none of my problems occur in 1.2.1 or any of the SVN builds up to the switch to GIT.
Hum. For sure my previous version of gs fifo was buggy, it would be annoying to found the bad commit.

I will try to implement the version detection differently.

One question do you hit the keyboad or others pad in the meantime?