Resolved: [Bug Report] Spy Hunter (NTSC-U)
PCSX2 version: Official Beta PCSX2 0.9.7.3876m, Official Stable PCSX2 0.9.8.4600.

Specifications: 3326MB RAM (4GB), Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 5770, Intel Pentium XII Xeon Processor (4 cores - each clocked at 2.33Ghz), Microsoft Windows XP Professional (32-bit)

CPU options: All options are default. No speedhacks used.

Plugins used: ZeroGS 0.97.1, spu2-x-r4600, gsdx-sse4-r4600 (hardware and software).

Description: Level has to generate even after loading screen. Will try and go through the objectives very slowly after the level has generated and can be skipped (after waiting about 2 minutes) by spamming "X". The camera then focuses on your car but the game is still way too slow to be even remotely playable. This also happens on 0.9.7 (using default plugins) and the program log will repeat a message which says to notify someone if the error comes up (I recall this from memory and the program log never seems to come up on 0.9.7 - I think I may have accidentally disabled it somehow, but I do not know how to re-enable it. I could find the message if someone told me how to do that). Intro/menus/demo reels work perfectly.

More information on the picture. I understand a video would be better but apparently in my hardware configuration, my GFX may be directly hooked up to my monitor, making it excruciating to record video.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Want to contribute? Don't know how? Check out the PCSX2 Wiki page!

Keep safe with MyWOT.

I have everything...

Sponsored links

Hi, I wanted to bump this and say that on Interpreter mode, this message repeats very quickly in the logs:

Code:
MFC0 Breakpoint debug Registers code = 0
MTC0 Breakpoint debug Registers code = 0
MTC0 Breakpoint debug Registers code = 0

The bug still persists, and when the level is done loading and starts to "generate" like it isn't supposed to, I get this:

Code:
padman: DMA Busy ID = 365c0008 ret = 0
        SB_STAT = f0000102

Keep safe with MyWOT.

I have everything...
I wanted to say that this bug still persists in r4866.

However, if it is any hint, VU% stays at 0% constantly when the level keeps attempting to slowly load using the mVU multithreading speedhack.

Keep safe with MyWOT.

I have everything...
well guess that just tells us its likely not a VU issue. don't know what the real issue is though; could be dma problems.
Check out my blog: Trashcan of Code
going off the error, there is probably SIF sync or cdvd problems with it.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Well, I think I misworded my original discription. Let me try again.

This is being ran off an .iso file, (of which I tested in my PS2 and got the appropriate result).

The appropriate result is for the level and landscape to be completely loaded and generated when the loading screen is passed (it seems like this is one of those games that just wait instead of confirming the level is actually finished loading?) and start to go through the level, informing the player of the objectives that must be completed.

However, on PCSX2, I see the background image of the sky and then the level starts sloooowly loading up and I think it miiight hang after loading the landscape and having the first objective come up, although the game could just be going horribly slow? One time I had managed to, erm, "get control" of the car you drive by pressing "X" right after the first objective came up, but the camera never ended up focusing on the car - I know this because of the audio I heard, but just stayed on the location at which the first objective was. I think it just hangs but the audio keeps going.

Keep safe with MyWOT.

I have everything...
What Ref said: This is a sub component issue (likely SIF DMA).
It'd be a good game to debug this.
So, it would take a ton of work to fix this?

Keep safe with MyWOT.

I have everything...
Possibly, the issue we have with SIF and IOP based components, is the lack of proper documentation, so much guesswork is done (and persumption that it is identical to the PS1) which mean's thing's don't always work.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Thank you for your report.
This bug report has now been marked as Resolved since it has been fixed on our code base.

This thread will now be closed and moved to the resolved bug reports subforum.